You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
WiFi not emulated and not supported!!
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2020-07-09 14:03:48

Ed

Pokémon SoulSilver - Lost game save

Read the faq, always saved the game using the in-game save option, always opened it from a local directory instead of a zip-file, tried opening Pokemon SoulSilver again today to see it only showed a save from days ago.

Is there any way to restore my last save? And if this isn't possible; what's the best way to make a back-up? The 'import backup memory' function creates a .sav file instead of a .dsv file unfortunately (I wouldn't know how to open a .sav file in DeSmuME)

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Edit: The .dsv file seems to be 'last modified' when I actually saved in-game for the last time.
       The .nds file however seems to be 'last modified' yesterday.
       Can the .dsv file be used to recover my last save?

Last edited by Ed (2020-07-09 14:41:23)

#2 2020-07-09 18:13:46

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Pokémon SoulSilver - Lost game save

Copy the dsv to make a backup.
If the nds file was "last modified" yesterday, then you have malware, security software, a kid brother, or a split personality messing around with your files.
The .dsv can't be used to recover anything. Desmume doesn't keep traces of old files around to help you clean up from mistakes. You have to make backups yourself if you are investing time in creating a file. But I will advise you that loading a savestate will cause the .dsv to get clobbered. So if you loaded a savestate from days ago, your in-game save (reflected in the .dsv) is now days-ago old.

Board footer