You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2020-03-20 22:00:42

lyrswim

Character isn't going in the right way

Hi, I recently downloaded Desmume to be able to play Pokemon Explorers of Sky.
During the gameplay i noticed that the character (my pokemon) will go down and right (diagonally) if i press just the down button. Same thing if i press just the right button (i already checked that the buttons are correct in the control config).

I obviousely searched if anyone had the same problem and i found just a guy that solved it with a command (--nojoy=1). I found aswell in the Manual of Desmume that it "skip joystick inizialization", but i dont really know if it has anything to do with my problem (and also i dont know how to use that command sadly).

I'm playing on Windows 10. Any help would be really appreciated smile

#2 2020-03-21 03:35:49

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Character isn't going in the right way

Stop using a gamepad made by microsoft. It is virtually impossible to press the dpad in the direction you want on those crappy pads. Sometimes when I'm in a bad mood, I get a microsoft pad on a microsoft console and challenge myself to just do nothing more than tap the d-pad in a direction several times without messing up. I usually mess up between tries 1-3, and then I start breaking stuff. Then I feel better.

#3 2020-03-21 11:46:09

lyrswim

I'm playing with my keyboard lol.

And the problem isnt that i mess up the movement, but that if i click the down key my character is gonna go diagonally.

#4 2020-03-21 20:41:23

zeromus
Radical Ninja

I don't think the guy who solved something with --nojoy=1 solved this problem exactly. That would only solve a problem where a character was stuck going on direction. That's not your problem.

delete your desmume.ini file. reboot your computer.

#5 2020-03-22 01:04:23

lyrswim

Alright guys, thank you both for the suggestions but i discovered that the problem has nothing to do with Desmume or any file in my computer, but it is more "concrete".
It seems that whenever i press the right arrow key of my keyboard it automatically presses even the down arrow key (in the phisical meaning). Same thing for the down one.

Since i dont really think that the problem is somehow solvable, because the keys arent removable, i presume im gonna adapt just by changing the controls of movement.

#6 2020-03-22 03:52:57

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Try WASD and.... KLOP? with KLOP -> BAYX? That would be my first suggestion. Maybe enter->start, backslash->select, and [] -> LR? I'm sure you can figure something out.

#7 2020-03-22 13:12:06

lyrswim

Yeah, i solved it with WASD for the movements and 4568 (in the numeric keypad) for BAYX. Thanks again smile

Board footer