You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
WiFi not emulated and not supported!!
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2019-12-08 03:55:29

Username567

Pokémon Heart Gold: Saves "in game" and the "load state from..."

Sorry if I can't explain it in more specific/correct terms but I'm really really not someone that understands about all of this so I'll try my best.

Throughout my gameplay, sometimes I've saved/loaded the game: 1- in "Save State As..."/"Load State From..."; 2- in save state/load state; 3- inside the game itself. After a few problems, someone gave me the tip of saving only in game, and so I did it until now, with absolutely no problems anymore. Thing is, today I opened the game without paying much attention to what I was doing and instead of loading in the game (just clicking in the bottom screen -> "continue") I opened the desmume menu and clicked "Load State From..." and loaded one of the files I had created a few weeks ago.

I proceded to close the desmume and open it again, along with the ROM. Now, when I tried to load inside the game, as I became used to, the save that was there on the Pokémon menu wasn't the last one I had anymore. It was one I made within 3 hours of gameplay, for some reason (maybe it is the "in game" save I did inside the .dst file I accidentaly loaded through "load state from..."? I have no idea). Anyway, I also tried to restart the PC (because it's all I could come up with...) and the result was still the same. Don't know if it serves for anything but I know I didn't hit one save button of any kind during the whole process.

I'm not particularly hopeful but still just want to know what happened. It's gone?

Last edited by Username567 (2019-12-08 04:08:55)

#2 2019-12-08 15:05:21

someone

Re: Pokémon Heart Gold: Saves "in game" and the "load state from..."

When you load that state it overwrites your current progress (ingame save) with data you had at moment when you save that state.
Never use save/load states in games with ingame save system.

#3 2019-12-08 15:45:14

Username567

Re: Pokémon Heart Gold: Saves "in game" and the "load state from..."

someone wrote:

When you load that state it overwrites your current progress (ingame save) with data you had at moment when you save that state.
Never use save/load states in games with ingame save system.

Well, shit. Thanks though.

Board footer