You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
WiFi not emulated and not supported!!
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2019-10-01 08:50:37

Haso42

Weird time bug in Pokemon Soulsilver,internal clock does not progress?

So I have a rather wird time bug in Soulsilver. It displays the time correctly in the PokeGear and also daily events like the Bug-Tournament work without issue, even the change of daytime is correct to the exact second. However, Apricorns do not reset if I am not in the game for some reason and moreover berries seem to not grow. It is like the internal clock does not progress? Has this ever happened to anyone, maybe even in any other game, and if yes is there a solution for it? I already found out that the internal clock of the emulator alligns with the internal clock of the system, while looking into my time settings I noticed that the setting for the automatic adjustment of the time-zone was off. Furthermore, I do NOT use save states, I have however used them at some point earlier into the game.

Last edited by Haso42 (2019-10-01 08:57:25)

#2 2019-10-01 13:58:33

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Weird time bug in Pokemon Soulsilver,internal clock does not progress?

The simplest explanation is that you don't understand how apricorns or berries work. Perhaps your "nintendo DS" has to be on (but asleep) at midnight. It's also possible, if it works that way, that it doesn't work in desmume, since there is a function related to "alarm clock" type hardware events that doesn't work. But since I've never heard anyone else complain about this, the bug is more likely in you.

#3 2019-10-01 14:07:15

Haso42

Re: Weird time bug in Pokemon Soulsilver,internal clock does not progress?

zeromus wrote:

The simplest explanation is that you don't understand how apricorns or berries work. Perhaps your "nintendo DS" has to be on (but asleep) at midnight. It's also possible, if it works that way, that it doesn't work in desmume, since there is a function related to "alarm clock" type hardware events that doesn't work. But since I've never heard anyone else complain about this, the bug is more likely in you.

However this is not the case for this game, usually everything progresses or resets even if the Emulator or DS is off. I also never heard anyone complain about this, or rather could not find a similar case when googling. It is a really weird bug. I reinstalled the Emulator today, maybe it will help.

Board footer