You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2019-08-04 19:40:57

CoreyJay

Help with microphone audio when using Windows Game Recorder?

Does anyone have experience using DeSmuME with the Windows Game Recorder?

When I have a game playing (Pokemon SoulSilver), it drastically reduces the audio volume from my headset mic. I watch the recorded video file afterwards, and my voice is super quiet compared to the game audio. If I pause the gameplay from the File menu while recording, it returns to a normal mic audio level. This doesn't happen when I use the game recorder with other games, such as Minecraft, so it must be something to do with DeSmuME.

Is there a way to disable this function, or some kind of workaround?

#2 2019-08-04 20:45:05

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Help with microphone audio when using Windows Game Recorder?

try changing the "sound core" option to xaudio2

#3 2019-08-04 21:36:38

CoreyJay

zeromus wrote:

try changing the "sound core" option to xaudio2

That actually made it worse somehow.

I was able to even it out a bit by decreasing the emulator volume and boosting the microphone volume in my pc settings. Seems like that's the only option

#4 2019-08-05 02:48:47

zeromus
Radical Ninja

desmume does read from the microphone, so it must be interfering with windows. one thing you might could try doing is setting a nonfunctional device (or some other device) as the default windows recording device in mmsys.cpl. that way desmume would do whatever it's doing a little differently and maybe not cause such problems, but you may have to manually specify which device to use in Windows Game Recorder for mic input, which doesnt seem like the kind of thing Windows Built-in Piece of Crapware will let you do. But you never know.

Board footer