You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2019-07-29 20:50:26

username442

error loading save state

I'm playing pokemon white 2, when i'm loading the file save state and it's says "save state file loading failed", when i read about the problem i tried to find the .ini filed and couldn't find it, my in-game save actually work but in much earlier when i saved in the state file and when i'm trying to save state file again and load it's work so it's something about the file i guess... i tried to move the desmume to another folder and it didn't work. i'm using mac and desmume v0.9.11.

#2 2019-07-29 22:43:36

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: error loading save state

are you sure the savestate exists? perhaps your little brother deleted it. Or it may have got corrupted due to a glitchy OS or system. Or, most likely, you changed desmume versions without wiping your savestates, and they're incompatible between versions.

#3 2019-07-29 23:16:21

username442

I don't live with my little brother and my wife won't delete it xD
And the savestate exists i think, i can bother take screeenshot but i'm pretty sure that this is the name of the savestate:
6150 - Pokemon - White Version 2 (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) b.ds1
(i canged it to b without []  because it won't let me post it.)
so yeah it's exists.
I didn't wipe my desmume version, since I downloaded i have the same version.
But indeed it's not the first time happening to me, when i played pokemon white (version 1) when i played it at i make a save stat and it's said " save stat file save failed " and since i wanted to save so i did make an in game save and state file .dst and after a while using this system the usual savestate let me save and load normaly, but this time it's a problem in the load of the save stat so it won't work out like that was.
I don't know if it's a coincidence or connectef but suspringley it happened in the same progress as it was in pokemon white.

#4 2019-07-30 00:59:21

zeromus
Radical Ninja

savestate failed probably because youre loading the rom from a flash memory stick set in read-only mode, or youre doing something else weird affecting the filesystem permissions. Probably not a desmume problem at all. However you could try using a version of desmume that isn't years old and see if that helps

#5 2019-07-30 07:35:09

username442

Wait my version isn't the newest? i thought that i downloaded the newest version for mac.
And unfortunately desmume in mac doesn't work like this, even if i'm downloading desmume to the desktop it will work the same as the demume in my memory stick, furthermore it's only happening in pokemon white versions, other games work fine (platinum, HG) and never had this problem.
As you may say, it's maybe really not desmume problem, but i don't remember doing something silly, i'm always savins three savestates when i want to in hotkeys, and as i said it's only happened to me in pokemon white while i'm saving like this in any other games.
Edit: and the info of the memory stick says i can read and write, so it's not read only.

Last edited by username442 (2019-07-30 07:37:29)

#6 2019-07-30 09:22:00

zeromus
Radical Ninja

maybe your security software is interfering. try turning some of it off.

#7 2019-07-30 19:21:11

username442

no it's not supposed to interfere, mostly because to activate desmume  and other programs in mac the system asks the user to know if he trusts the application to open it, and either way as i said it's not happening in other games so i don't think that is the problem.

Last edited by username442 (2019-07-30 19:24:31)

#8 2019-07-30 20:55:19

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Security software can still interfere even though youve clicked "allow" for some progam somewhere. That it happens in other games is not strong evidence that it's not security-related. Different games write different content in different patterns and you can never know what will trip the security software. Anyway, shut it all off entirely, anyway.

My final suggestion is to use a newer version of desmume (0.9.11 is old). If you use the latest build on the downloads page then at least the osx developer can check your findings. But nobody will care what happens in an old version of desmume.

#9 2019-07-30 21:11:44

username442

that's why i asked if 0.9.11 is newest or old, now i understand why it's old, thanks for updating me...
and shutting it off makes me restart, if the new build won't work then i will try it.
edit: in the new .12 ver it's the save state won't work at all (i mean, even in other games) only the in game... so it seems that the only option is neither to shut off the security (which i highly doubt it will work) or just go with it and continue the game and pay attention no to lose the progress in a smart way, the savestate progress is actually only 2 levels, it feels waste but i won't lose my mind for it.

Last edited by username442 (2019-07-30 21:24:32)

#10 2019-07-31 03:18:36

zeromus
Radical Ninja

i wouldn't even trust in-game saves, given the glitchy condition of your computer. I might believe one build of the mac desmume had broken savestates, or another, but not that every build for several years has broken savestates which are getting even more broken over time. Be sure you make a backup every time you save in-game, because whatever's messing up the savestates could mess those up as well.

Board footer