You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2019-07-25 06:27:19

Forfitt

Desmume crashes my computer

Desmume, as well as other emulators crashes my computer with a blue screen any time I run it, it doesn't always happen immediately however. Now i've done what would be "fixes" for the error codes i've been given, most of which telling me to make sure none of my files are corrupt, but when I scan both my hard drives, nothing is ever corrupt. My computer is more than capable of handling these games too. My CPU is an i7-8700K that I have overclocked to 5Ghz. My GPU is an EVGA 2070 XC Ultra. and I have 32GB of DDR4 3200 MHz Ram installed. So i'm not seeing the problem here and have no idea what the problem is because this only recently started happening when I got the 2070 GPU. It worked fine with my old 1660Ti and my RX580. Can someone please explain what is happening or maybe what I can do to fix this, cause i'm honestly at a loss at this point.

#2 2019-07-25 06:39:44

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Desmume crashes my computer

this question is best addressed to a general gamer's forum or overclocker's forum. you have glitchy hardware. fiddle with drivers, swap hardware, and most of all -- stop overclocking.

#3 2019-07-25 06:51:43

Forfitt

So a problem that directly relates to desmume, and has only recently been happening to me is best put in a different forum? All drivers are up to date everywhere, CPU has been set to 5GHz for almost 2 years, same with having overclocked RAM. Nothing else crashes my PC, just emulators.

#4 2019-07-25 08:05:51

zeromus
Radical Ninja

that it happens in other emulators is proof that it doesn't directly relate to desmume. it's proof your system is unstable. get help with unstable systems.

it started happening recently when you got a new gpu. the problem is your new gpu. you're in denial. get over it. read the 2nd definition of "lemon" on m-w.com

#5 2019-07-25 08:15:49

Forfitt

It doesn't crash with anything besides emulators, so there is a direct correlation to emulators and my system crashing. Not my system being unstable. Even when I stress test my system for extended periods of time, it doesn't crash, literally only emulators have been blue screening my system, so obviously you have no idea what you're talking about. Don't think you know what you're talking about just because this happened when I got a new GPU, my motherboard won't let my system start if my system is unstable, so you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

#6 2019-07-26 05:13:26

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Emulators are better stress tests than stress tests. I'm closing this thread. Feel free to open a new one if you feel there's something defective with all emulators that desmume in particular should do something about after you've been building PCs for 30 years like I have. I'll be waiting to hear from you in 2047.

Board footer