You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2019-07-02 22:58:20

opal407

DeSmeME Cheats Database

I've searched through a few threads and haven't seen anyone either have this issue and google searches haven't come up with anything so I guess I'll have to ask and see if anyone can help.

Long and short is the Cheats Database link given by the prompt isn't active anymore. I downloaded DeadSkullzJr's updated database and have it in the appropriate area (PC<DeSmuME<Cheats). However the only file that it will detect, Cheat.dat, prompts me with the window stating the file it detected is "not an R4 cheats database. Wrong File Format!" I'm at a loss for what else I can do, as DeadSkullzJr says the file is R4 compatible (R4 Ultra, R4i Gold EU 3DS, R4i SDHC 3DS RTS, R4i SDHC Dual-Core 20XX, R4i SDHC Gold Pro 20XX, R4i SDHC RTS Lite 20XX, R4i Ultra) and I've tried removing all other files to see if that fixes the issue. Does DeSmuME use an older R4 style and that being the reason the file isn't being detected as a database? Any answers or help on how to get the file to load properly would be appreciated as manually entering cheats in is a hassle and shouldn't be needed when the ability to load a database is supposed to be built into the program.

#2 2019-07-03 01:34:15

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: DeSmeME Cheats Database

I never use cheats. But I just figured this out now by random guessing.
download from
https://github.com/DeadSkullzJr/NDS-Che … s/releases
use usrcheat.dat
name cheat.dat
place in desmume Cheats directory

#3 2019-07-03 11:14:19

opal407

Wonderful, thank you very much. I get a Checksum Not Matching message but everything goes through for the games I've checked so far.

#4 2019-07-03 19:49:08

zeromus
Radical Ninja

I looked into that once. I think I decided it's because the checksums the cheat database has on it is in a proprietary format nobody knows, and the guy who programmed the cheat database support figured it would get worked out (and it never did).

Board footer