You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2019-04-03 02:09:08

TengoFrio...

Desmume messed with my Pokemon Platinum Save File, I LOST EVERYTHING!

Hey, I've been wondering something about Desmume and constantly looking around for the answer I seek. Just recently I had been playing Pokémon Platinum and had reached a far point in the game. However, I've realized that the emulator had saved states and made one a while back but decided to only rely on the rom/games save option. As I was exiting a menu in Pokémon Platinum, I accidentally hit the load save state button and the game loaded a state from a VERY far back point in the game that I had passed a long time ago. Panicked, I reset my rom and once I went to check my save it had changed back to one of my previous saves way back near the very beginning of the game. I tried reloading every state and nothing worked. It only kept bringing me back to the same state I loaded before, I kept resetting over and over but to no avail, I lost EVERYTHING I had accomplished.

I was wondering if there was any way to return back to my in game save before I accidentally loaded up my old save state, or if I really have lost the save and I should restart and consider using save states every time I play?

#2 2019-04-03 03:14:08

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Desmume messed with my Pokemon Platinum Save File, I LOST EVERYTHING!

you won't recover your progress unless you made backups of your .dsv files. you should consider making backups of documents you spend a lot of time working on.

Board footer