You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2019-01-06 22:50:50

fintogive
Website

frame skips has issues with certain games

i noticed this several months ago.  when frame skipping is active, one or both screens in desmume will act very choppy or one screen will freeze  ive seen minor issues on some games like zelda phantom hours glass where for example the top screen will run  more choppy wile the bottom screen runs smooth  when frame skip is set to 1.

on dragon ball origins when frame skip is set to 1  parts of the game will freeze one or both screens or become incredibly choppy randomly.  this is on softrasrizers and opengl on multiple computers with up to date drivers.

the issue is intermittent so its not always happening but it should be look in to.

#2 2019-01-07 03:23:11

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: frame skips has issues with certain games

dual screen 3d games get locked into an unfavorable phase when every other frame is skipped. That is, even frames will be rendered, and even frames will always be on the top, thus freezing the bottom screen -- until the game misses a frame, at which point the phase is offset by 1. Someone tried to improve it but it was never perfect and he's gone and nobody understands his code. I don't think it's possible to solve perfectly. I won't be looking into this, and I doubt anyone else will.

#3 2019-01-07 09:01:56

fintogive
Website

ok and i assume the same person did the disassembler and all the other tools on desmume?  well frame skips are pretty important especially for desmume for speed up.  if you dont understand it cant it be rewritten from the ground up?  cause if no ones going to try and fix it, it wont ever get fixed.

#4 2019-01-07 21:51:37

zeromus
Radical Ninja

no, a variety of people did those things. I'm not going to try rewriting it.

Board footer