You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2018-10-16 04:21:55

sid97

Pokemon black - too slow (tried everything!)

Hi everyone, I know this question has been repeated a lot but I've tried most of the previous fixes and can't seem to get it to speed up.

-Frame skipping rates have been increased to max
- Dynamic recompiler has been set to max
- Have tried uninstalling and re-installing the latest version or whatever of Desmume
- Have tried ROMS from different websites of the same game
- Have tried increasing the fast forward thingy using the '=' sign
- Have tried swapping between OpenGL renderer and the other thing
-Sound has been set to dual SPU
-Laptop power settings set up high performance
-Tried running it as a smaller window

But it still takes like 2 mins per turn which is horrendous. Not really sure what else I can do. I'm fairly certain that my laptop's specs are alright because I've run Ultra Sun as well as ORAS on Citra with no lag whatsoever so I would expect it to be able to run something a lot less graphic heavy like Pokemon Black. I've also run things on Desmume like Soul silver without a problem.

Any ideas?

#2 2018-10-16 16:34:38

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Pokemon black - too slow (tried everything!)

Perhaps you ran things on Desmume like Soul silver without a problem, before your computer got broken. Surely you've tried a different game in order to determine whether your problem with pokemon black was actually a problem with all games? Most likely explanation is you HAVENT, and you increased the HD rendering options or postprocessing filters to an untenable level such that no game will run at full performance; or your system is now broken (most likely in the GPU driver department).

#3 2018-10-17 05:14:32

sid97

zeromus wrote:

Perhaps you ran things on Desmume like Soul silver without a problem, before your computer got broken. Surely you've tried a different game in order to determine whether your problem with pokemon black was actually a problem with all games? Most likely explanation is you HAVENT, and you increased the HD rendering options or postprocessing filters to an untenable level such that no game will run at full performance; or your system is now broken (most likely in the GPU driver department).

Thanks for your reply. I'm running Ultra Sun on Citra at this very moment before posting this response and it runs like a charm even without any sort of frame skipping or anything. Soul silver isn't super fast as such but there's still no lag, the game play is still smooth. It just seems to be my computer not liking Black for some odd reason.

Do you have any recommendations as to how to fix any of the GPU driver issues or where I need to tweak things to lower the HD rendering options that you mentioned?

#4 2018-10-17 06:27:54

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Citra doesn't matter.
"super fast" "still no lag" isn't technical enough. "2 minutes per turn" was technical enough. The actual framerates would be technical enough.

To lower the HD rendering options, delete your INI file, and pay attention to what you change next time.

Only google knows how to fix your GPU drivers.

Pokemon black is probably a heavier game, maybe your CPU is pathetic.

Is it possible 2 minutes per turn was an exaggeration? I figure that's about 15 seconds per turn normally, which means you're running at 8fps. That seems like a pretty grave dysfunction.

Board footer