You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
WiFi not emulated and not supported!!
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2018-07-11 07:01:54

Qmaster5

Issue with hotkeys.

I am using DeSmume to play Pokémon games for the most part. One of the popular ways to play is referred to as a nuzlocke. Nuzlockes come in different rule sets for different experiences and one of my favourites is the Soul Link. It is a multiplayer nuzlocke experience (to explain it briefly). I have attempted a couple times on different computers to play this mode and experienced one minor issue. When trying to run 2 emulator windows at once, although main controls work fine, whenever I try to map anything in the hotkey config menu for one controller the key bind shows up as “Alt+(whatever button I press)”. It’s not a huge deal but playing through Pokémon with a hard to use speed up button (mapped to keyboard) is a bit tedious if you’ve played a lot of Pokémon before. There’s no rush on solving this issue.

Extra info: I am using 2 wired controllers connected to the same computer both being bound to one of two emulator windows.
This issue has happened with both controllers so it can’t be a problem with one of the individual controllers (being completely separate models/manufacturers).
All buttons on one of the controllers always maps to Alt+(button) on both emulator windows.
This has only ever happened in the hotkey config window, not the main controls window.

Last edited by Qmaster5 (2018-07-11 07:03:54)

#2 2018-07-13 22:47:26

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Issue with hotkeys.

write a bug report on github. I will investigate this as soon as i have two gamepads.
Please state if the gamepads are configured as xinput or dinput devices or are virtualized through some other gamepad manager software (i.e. dualshocks or somesuch)

#3 2018-08-05 09:53:13

Qmaster5

I am not using any gamepad managing software whatsoever. Also, one of the controllers has a switch on it to change it from dinput to xinput (which we tried both while that controller was the first and second controller) and the other controller is, I believe, dinput, but I'm not entirely sure.

#4 2018-08-05 18:16:22

zeromus
Radical Ninja

can't reproduce the problem. there's a known unknown issue with our input code that makes it flake out in ways like that. Nobody's ever been able to figure out why. Frequently rebooting fixes it. Also, why do you need to configure both desmumes at once? Configure them one at a time (use two different desmume directories, configured to use the same paths if need be, so that the .ini files dont conflict)

Board footer