You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2018-05-10 20:13:06

Cpt. Fultz

Graphics not loading, even after testing out advised fixes

Heyo !

I downloaded DesMuME today and wanted to test out Lunar Knights, which worked extremely well ! It runs super smooth, but I noticed that some textures are missing which is extremely frustrating in certain places. The entire starting menu is completely black, character graphics for dialogues are missing and some shadow textures are flickering. And now comes the worst part: There is a section where you fly through space where the gameplay changes to a shooter( or something like that, can't really tell what's going on except for me taking damage ); The whole spaceship texture won't load, as well as enemy textures and bullets ( I don't quite know if there are actual bullets because I can't see them, hence why I'm here ). I checked the FAQ and some other posts, but nothing I tested has worked.
I even checked if my drivers were updated, if it would get fixed if I changed renderers etc.

Also: I'm new to this forum and emulations, so spare me if I just didn't dig deep enough for a solution haha.
To give examples about what exactly doesn't work and how it looks like i'm gonna drop these two imgur links:
https://imgur.com/a/zvdNwb1 (missing character graphics)
https://imgur.com/a/sGzZ9YS (missing spaceship, enemies etc.)

I hope that anyone here is able to help me with this problem.

Last edited by Cpt. Fultz (2018-05-10 20:16:34)

#2 2018-05-10 21:03:51

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Graphics not loading, even after testing out advised fixes

Tell me the very first point in the game with something missing or post a .dsv after making an in-game save immediately before a point with something missing

#3 2018-05-11 04:19:45

Cpt. Fultz

zeromus wrote:

Tell me the very first point in the game with something missing

The first thing missing is coming up in the very first seconds when you start the game. It's where you see the names and logos of the companies that have worked on it; That part is just completely missing, but the introduction cutscene afterwards is working as intended. However, after the cutscene the Starting menu (as mentioned earlier) is also just completely black.

I will try to add that data later in the day.

#4 2018-05-11 16:18:38

Cpt. Fultz

Heyo, it's me again !

I've found the dvs file and I uploaded it to Mediafire. The Zip data has a *small* guide on how to reach the section where I have the most problems in (Graphicwise, obviously). I hope that this is the file you wanted me to add, if it is not, I apologize and where exactly is that file located ?

Anywho, here's the link the .dsv file I found !
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1yx18o6fw … ms_dsv.zip

Also on a quick note I want to thank you for the quick reply from yesterday !

#5 2018-05-11 23:52:52

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Those in the archive file were the best instructions I ever read
Use a newer version of desmume, 0.9.11 is 3 years old and the bug has been fixed since then.

#6 2018-05-13 12:31:42

Cpt. Fultz

Oh, wow. Downloading some other version really helped. I didn't notice that there were later versions since 0.9.11 was the first one that showed up on the DL page.

Thank you very much and sorry for not reading the DL page properly smile

Board footer