You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
WiFi not emulated and not supported!!
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.



#1 2018-05-06 19:47:30

laudable
Member
Registered: 2018-05-06
Posts: 2

DesMuMe Not Responding to AR Codes

Hello! Sorry to bother you, but I've been trying to use Action Replay codes with DesMuMe, and It doesn't seem to want to work.
I'm currently using ver. 0.9.11, and I'm trying to use the code for the debug menu on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness.
Here's the code:

0202A09C A3A01000
94000130 FE7F0000
0202A09C E3A01008
D0000000 00000000

This exact code works perfectly on my physical copy of this game, and as far as I know, the two ROMs are the same version.
I've been researching, and all of the methods that I've found haven't been working as of yet. I've tried to restart the ROM, reset the emulator, delete the cheat's file, delete the emulator's config file, and I've (of course) made sure that the code is active, and that it is typed correctly.
The code just simply will not work. It is intended to activate the menu by pressing R+Down on the last option of the main menu, and I've tried numerous times with different control settings.
Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: I forgot an important detail: I tried another cheat that also works perfectly on my physical copy (specifically, it unlocks all dungeons). This cheat doesn't work either, but it did change all the borders of the text boxes to pure white. Not sure why it does that, but I thought it was worth pointing out. In case you need it, the code for this cheat is:

C0000000 00000007
122A261A 0000FFFF
DC000000 00000002
D2000000 00000000

Last edited by laudable (2018-05-06 20:16:15)

Offline

#2 2018-05-06 23:14:37

zeromus
Radical Ninja
Registered: 2009-01-05
Posts: 4,833

Re: DesMuMe Not Responding to AR Codes

use a newer build, 0.9.11 is years old and has lots of AR bugs.

Offline

#3 2018-05-07 00:25:51

laudable
Member
Registered: 2018-05-06
Posts: 2

Re: DesMuMe Not Responding to AR Codes

Thank you, I actually didn't know that.
I probably should've double-checked on that...
But anyways, that didn't seem to fix the problem.
I'm now using the nightly build "git#92924db", which is (as far as I know) the newest build I could find.
I tried the code again, to no avail.
The only issue that I can think of is that there is an even newer version that I didn't see, or the version isn't the problem.

Edit: I got the "All Dungeons" cheat to work! The Debug Menu isn't working, So I'm going to assume that it's simply the code that's the problem in that case.
I updated DeSmume, and that seemed to be what fixed the problem.

Last edited by laudable (2018-05-07 01:08:06)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB