You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2018-03-30 19:33:00

mattp12

My friend keeps getting the "error saving to slot" message

My friend and I are playing a game. Saving for me works, but whenever he tries, it gives an "error saving to slot 1" or similar message.

He tried saving ingame as I don't know how that couldn't work, but surprise : it didn't :c

He also tried doing save as, but it threw some sort of permission error.

Eventually he just restarted the emulator just to see if anything saved, but nothing did.

Is his save completely gone, or is there any way it can be recovered? This happened before and we restarted since we were still early in the game, but I don't want it to happen again as we were actually making progress this time around.

Thanks.

Last edited by mattp12 (2018-03-30 19:34:04)

#2 2018-03-31 02:35:58

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: My friend keeps getting the "error saving to slot" message

your friend copied his desmume from one computer to another. the desmume.ini he copied with it has paths specifying a disk which was valid on the original computer and invalid in the new computer. You could solve the problem by deleting desmume.ini

#3 2018-03-31 03:38:12

mattp12

He did not copy Desmume from one computer to another. He downloaded it on one computer.

Should I still tell him to delete the desmeme.ini file?

#4 2018-03-31 18:46:43

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Then he's dearchived it to program files for some reason, or another directory he doesn't have access to. Dearchive it to desktop. Deleting desmume.ini never hurts (for instance if it was downloaded from some random stranger's website it may have come with a desmume.ini)

Board footer