You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2017-11-10 22:43:30

DiscoDJMan

Save got corrupted now DEsmume now i get "Data could not be accessed."

Is there a way i could un-corrupt the save been looking online for about half an hour, read the FAQ which didn't help. So in the middle of my game it froze and desmume crashed when i reloaded the game i had corrupted saves.

#2 2017-11-11 00:42:40

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Save got corrupted now DEsmume now i get "Data could not be accessed."

No. corruption is an irreversible process. Make backups of your .dsv files if you're heavily invested in them.

#3 2017-11-11 05:18:53

fintogive
Website

i see issues with save files all the time with desmume. ive never had an issue myself so im sure it user error based. but just a thought a new auto backup feature could be made?

as in every time a game is save desmume automatically backs up that save to a backup file and when it saves again that back up file is over written with a new verified successful save.

probably wont happen but just thought id throw that out there.

#4 2017-11-12 01:02:37

zeromus
Radical Ninja

probably won't happen. use desmume in retroarch, maybe they have such a feature. thanks for lending me your confidence that it's user error. with that and the confidence I already had, I can be positive. Despite the 1000s of times it happens to pokemon gamers, I get useful information only zero times, so usually I can only guess.

#5 2017-11-12 22:19:39

fintogive
Website

well i dont play pokemon on desmume so maybe i should try it and fish out any possibly bugs if there are any tongue  personally i think its caused by bad codes off the internet that there using.

Board footer