You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
WiFi not emulated and not supported!!
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2017-10-06 12:09:08

siriosirio

Strange full blackscreen

So i have a new pc with a Ryzen 5 1600 (and an old radeon 6750 <.<...still waiting for the rx 580 to drop price xD) and im trying to play pokemon white 2. the game loads with no problems and it is smooth. the problem is that if i click the same key for 3 times the screen goes black (and i mean the full screen not only the game one).it does this even if there is no game loaded, just desmume opened. i can go out of the black screen just by spamming the key again...i have never had this problem on my old pc :\

#2 2017-10-06 17:38:47

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Strange full blackscreen

youre the 2nd person i've heard with this problem. It must have to do with some kind of hotkey management or "system enhancement" software that came preloaded on your new PC, or possibly some capturing/casting software, or possibly some kind of GPU driver option related to either of those which has been turned on by default. Look for something weird and seemingly useless to uninstall. If it were me, I would yank the hard disk, attach an empty one, and install a fresh windows just for testing. Then run desmume immediately to confirm that it works; then begin installing drivers one by one. If it stays working youll know it's preloaded junkware for sure.

Also possibly: fault discrete/integrated GPU switching malfunctioning. Try forcing to discrete for desmume.

#3 2017-10-07 06:01:01

siriosirio

zeromus wrote:

youre the 2nd person i've heard with this problem. It must have to do with some kind of hotkey management or "system enhancement" software that came preloaded on your new PC, or possibly some capturing/casting software, or possibly some kind of GPU driver option related to either of those which has been turned on by default. Look for something weird and seemingly useless to uninstall. If it were me, I would yank the hard disk, attach an empty one, and install a fresh windows just for testing. Then run desmume immediately to confirm that it works; then begin installing drivers one by one. If it stays working youll know it's preloaded junkware for sure.

Also possibly: fault discrete/integrated GPU switching malfunctioning. Try forcing to discrete for desmume.

but it does that only with desmume..no other game :\

#4 2017-10-07 06:06:17

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Because no other game uses directdraw. change config > display method and the problem will go away.

#5 2017-10-07 06:19:11

siriosirio

i tried all of them....still does that

#6 2017-10-07 06:40:01

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Well then you're back to having to use the long paragraph of troubleshooting I wrote. I know what you're thinking. "No other game has this problem, only desmume, so it's desmume's fault." That is not necessarily and most likely not so. You're always inclined to think the first thing which manifests compatibility problems is to blame for the compatibility problems, unless you understand logic and the thousands of other possibilities you havent tried yet.

#7 2017-10-10 09:04:10

siriosirio

sooo....now its working.
all i did was run windows update and upp the voltage of the ram to 1.350 (i did that for other things)
i don't know why but it is working (for now xD)

Board footer