You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2017-10-01 00:18:23

eeklaura

Mac (OSX) Desmume 0.9.11 doesn't recognize/load ROMS

Hi, so I have a Mac and when I downloaded the osx 0.9.11 version of Desmume and I downloaded a few different ds roms but when I go to load them in the emulator it doesn't recognize any of the files. Am I doing something wrong or missing a step?

#2 2017-10-01 18:22:47

rogerman

Re: Mac (OSX) Desmume 0.9.11 doesn't recognize/load ROMS

DeSmuME only reads ROMs out of .nds files.

But the vast majority of ROMs you might download from the Internet are contained within some compressed file, such as .zip, .gzip, .gz, or .7z. Mac DeSmuME cannot read .nds files contained within compressed files, so make sure to decompress the files before loading them into Mac DeSmuME.

#3 2017-10-01 18:28:22

eeklaura

Re: Mac (OSX) Desmume 0.9.11 doesn't recognize/load ROMS

rogerman wrote:

DeSmuME only reads ROMs out of .nds files.

But the vast majority of ROMs you might download from the Internet are contained within some compressed file, such as .zip, .gzip, .gz, or .7z. Mac DeSmuME cannot read .nds files contained within compressed files, so make sure to decompress the files before loading them into Mac DeSmuME.

Ah thank you! yes upon further inspection they are .7z files. After decompressing them they work totally fine. haha I'm just a bit of a dumby, thanks for taking the time to reply smile

Board footer