You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2017-03-15 21:36:46

lfer1227

Saving ingame from a save stated loaded game

Hi, I've been playing this Yu Gi Oh game for a while but I've played the game using save states only so I haven't messed around too much with the in-game save, so after the final boss battle of the game and credits roll, the game is saved and reloaded so I'm taken to the main menu of the game but shows me no "Continue" option just the "New Game". I've tried loading my save state before the battle and saving in game as you're supposed to hoping it would edit the .dsv file to where I am now but it isn't the case. I've tried deleting the .dsv file but a new one is created as I load the ROM and I can't edit it like I said previously. Is there anything else I can do to try and edit the .dsv file when I save from my save state load? Thanks.

#2 2017-03-15 22:06:47

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Saving ingame from a save stated loaded game

the contents of the .dsv file don't matter to what happens after you save in-game, beat the game, and reset. the save data is all stored in memory. You've most likely broken the game by cheating or hacking; or else when you said "the game is saved and reloaded" you meant "the game is saved and then suspends, and I have to reset the emulator" and also that you broke the game by cheating or hacking or loading your savestate from an old version of desmume or have otherwise broken your PC, perhaps by running security software. Have you been cheating or hacking? If you post a savestate, I'll attempt to determine which of these scenarios applies.

#3 2017-03-16 01:07:50

lfer1227

Hmm, well if by cheating you mean using action replay codes, well yes, Ive been using an action replay code for in game money but in old playthroughs it didnt seem to affect the way saving worked. Anyway, here's the download link:

EDIT:  What I meant by "saved and reloaded" I meant that after credits roll, the game saves, and it takes me back to the main title where the continue and new game options appear, not that I myself reload the emulator.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/jy8938

I've included a save state as well if it helps, thanks by the way.

Last edited by lfer1227 (2017-03-16 01:17:34)

#4 2017-03-16 02:47:42

zeromus
Radical Ninja

1. your savestate doesnt match any known rom. your rom is corrupted garbage
2. does this text hold any special significance to you: "Please note that saving the game in the main menu will not save your progression in the story"?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#5 2017-03-16 03:15:37

lfer1227

1. dont know what to tell you about this, care to elaborate?
2. the game has two modes, main story and world championship, you need to save in main story to save your progress there, which I've tried a million times. I'm not that stupid.

Last edited by lfer1227 (2017-03-16 03:15:50)

#6 2017-03-16 03:52:34

zeromus
Radical Ninja

1. some people corrupt their roms on purpose. some people download corrupted roms on accident.
2. i don't know how to save in main story, which is required for me to follow what you do. for reference, the purpose of the savestate is so I can follow what you do (I can't confidently anyway because you have a strange rom)

#7 2017-03-16 04:08:24

lfer1227

If by corrupted you mean I used action replay codes then yes, I don't think it was corrupted on download as I got it from a reliable source where I download all of my roms, and if you wanna try and save from my save state just load it, press b, then press the clapperboard on the top left, then when you're controlling the guy walk left and you will see a green save point. Thanks

EDIT: I downloaded another clean rom, renamed the save state and rom the same, loads but still cant save. Just trying things.

Last edited by lfer1227 (2017-03-16 04:11:48)

#8 2017-03-16 04:44:22

zeromus
Radical Ninja

I tried. beats me. I give up.

still seems most likely broken by cheating or porting files between emulator or rom versions. this game seems to have a complex internal save data system, so I would imagine it can be pretty frail. The game doesn't initialize its memory when it boots.. that's normally the time you'd discover the game thinks the save data is corrupted. Here it's just checking for some minimal info. That's kind of shoddy programming.

It might could also have conceivably been broken by changing the "emulate SWIs by bios" option but that's such slim odds and the only way I thought of to use that information, changing that option and trying again, didnt seem to help.

#9 2017-03-16 05:20:38

lfer1227

rip, thanks a lot for trying tho, cheers.

Board footer