You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
WiFi not emulated and not supported!!
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2017-02-14 04:02:59

warglblargh

Mapping speed button to Controller

Hi,
I want to bind the speed button (fast forward hotkey) to a controller button.
However, it won't let me use only the controller button, but instead forces me to use a combination of alt + controllerButton.

This is really annoying because I do not want to use a keyboard at all, which is why I was using a controller in the first place.
Is there a way to bind this speed button to only a controller button, wihout the need of a keyboard key?

#2 2017-02-14 05:04:58

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Mapping speed button to Controller

which OS are you using? I can bind controller buttons to fast forward just fine in windows. sounds like you have a flaky joystick driver, or some kind of program interfering. like it intercepts button presses but doesn't think theyre button presses when keys are held down. If you're not able to find what's causing it, you can always use autohotkey

#3 2017-02-14 05:08:15

warglblargh

I am on Windows 10, and I am using a Gamecube Controller with an adapter. I can set any other button in the control option just fine, but when if I try to bind hotkeys to buttons, it always adds the alt option.
Never heard of autohotkey, do you mean something like binding button to a key, and then said key to the hotkey?

#4 2017-02-14 05:48:37

zeromus
Radical Ninja

then the driver for your gamecube controller adapter is broken. I just used mine and it worked fine.
autohotkey: google it

#5 2017-02-14 17:57:35

warglblargh

Thank you, I will try autohotkey then. I found another old controller and can in fact bind hotkeys without problems on that one... I guess this can be closed.

Board footer