You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2016-07-20 10:20:42

fintogive
Website

next stable release of Desmume?

its been awhile since desmume has been updated on the main page.  theres been so many great improvements and features since the stable release of 0.9.11 
Is there going to be a new stable release soon?

#2 2016-07-20 11:12:56

rogerman

Re: next stable release of Desmume?

I would only consider a release when the last major graphics feature I'm working on is finally completed, which is for DeSmuME to output the emulated video framebuffer in RGB666 and RGB888 color formats. This is a very difficult feature to implement due to the complexities in maintaining compatibility with existing features, retaining the recent performance gains, all while keeping good code readability. I choose to sacrifice NOTHING.

But the feature is definitely worth waiting for. RGB666 format is the true NDS native color format, so this will greatly improve DeSmuME's color accuracy in comparison to a hardware NDS. In addition, running the OpenGL 3D renderer using RGB888 color format really makes the new texture enhancement options shine.

If you're really getting that restless, you can always try one of our nightly builds at http://desmume.org/download for the latest cutting edge features. RGB666/RGB888 video framebuffers will be coming out very soon.

Last edited by rogerman (2016-07-20 11:15:54)

#3 2016-07-21 02:12:31

fintogive
Website

Re: next stable release of Desmume?

Oh nice tongue  i'll look forward to it then!  i sure love yours guy's dedication with desmume. you have been pushing new builds like crazy for the past month.  btw if you need a demo video for desmume i posted one awile ago you cand use if you wish once you release the next stable version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvGVqGQIDGA

Board footer