You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2015-11-19 09:49:50

hotdoog

Mac cannot use mic

I am using an older mac . 10.5.8 Desmume vers 0.9.8

I have started playing Love Plus but want to use voice recognition.

I have a Blue Snowball microphone plugged in, set as my default mic which works with Audacity, Logic and Ableton. However,  when I look at the settings for desmume under 'microphone' the sound input options is greyed out.

Both options of Sound Input Device and Sound file are greyed out. Only Internal Noise Samples and White noise can be selected. Next to the greyed out Sound Input Device and Sound File options it says in capital letters (NOT IMPLEMENTED)

Under Sound Input Device Settings it is also greyed out and no microphone can be selected.

Is there a way for me to implement the microphone?

I tried downloading the latest .11 version and there is no microphone support there.

#2 2015-11-19 17:14:10

rogerman

Re: Mac cannot use mic

DeSmuME v0.9.11 for Mac absolutely has microphone support, and has the best microphone support compared to all other ports. See the menu option Emulation > Show Microphone Settings for more details.

But as for Love Plus, that game has some unique quirks with microphone usage that cause it to fail to work properly. The problems seem to be inherent only to Love Plus, and we haven't been able to identify specifically what the problem is. In other words, all games are known to work properly with the microphone, with the exception of Love Plus.

#3 2015-11-20 00:45:05

hotdoog

Okay, I've found the microphone settings but it says 'no hardware input detected'. I dunno, maybe it just doesn't recognise the Blue Snowball microphone. I guess communicating with Rinko chan will be on the backburner.

Thank you though.

#4 2015-11-20 02:16:36

rogerman

If DeSmuME is reporting "No hardware input detected," then it's a problem with either your microphone hardware or an issue with your OS X installation. Or it may be as simple as the fact that your microphone may not be plugged in properly.

I do know that El Capitan changed some drivers, so USB microphones that used to work perfectly in Yosemite may not be fully supported in El Capitan. If that's the case, then you'll have to report the problem to Apple. I can certainly tell you that this problem isn't with DeSmuME.

Oh, wait, I just noticed that you're still using OS X v10.5.8. Is there a reason why you haven't upgraded to at least Snow Leopard yet? Staying on Leopard is really silly unless you're still using a PowerPC Mac.

Last edited by rogerman (2015-11-20 02:18:54)

#5 2015-11-20 04:03:02

hotdoog

I usually stay with things until they break or are completely useless. But I guess that is silly lol

Board footer