You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2015-06-17 08:47:37

mp924

Problem with Pokemon Black

So, as most probably know, a problem with many DS emulators is that the dreamyard isn't accessible for Pokemon Black ROMs. I was playing the game on my iPhone 5s (nDS4ios) when I had this problem occur, and, after searching for a solution on Google, I was told to transfer a save file to the PC and use this emulator then transfer it back. However,  I couldn't upload the file (.dsv) to the Pokemon Black ROM on the PC. I also tried moving it to where the save states are and renaming it to the exact name of a different file (.ds1) I had saved there. Each time I was greeted with this error when trying to load the save state: Error loading savestate. It failed halfway through; Since there is no backup system, your current game session is wrecked.     

please help?

#2 2015-06-17 09:47:23

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Problem with Pokemon Black

.dsv is not a save state. By moving it where the savestates were and naming it like a savestate and loading it like a savestate, you attempted something illogical. It's a savefile. Put it in the battery folder with the correct name (in place of the existing one) and then boot the game and load your save file. When you next close the emulator, the .dsv will be refreshed with what you just did while playing in desmume on your PC.

#3 2015-06-17 10:13:50

mp924

Thanks for the quick reply but I think I might be misunderstanding something. When I follow those steps it only gives me the option to start a new game. Unless you're saying I just have to restart the whole game on the PC and pass the point in the game where I can't go on my iPhone then transfer that file back to my iPhone?

#4 2015-06-17 10:15:22

zeromus
Radical Ninja

no, you don't restart, because you copied the .dsv file from your phone. If it only gives you the option to start a new game then either you failed to overwrite the .dsv file on your PC with the correct name, or the instructions you received are nonsense or incomplete or inapplicable to you and lead you to move .dsv files between incompatible emulator versions

#5 2015-06-17 18:57:02

mp924

Ok, sorry to bother you again, but i overwrote the .dsv file on my PC I think (by which I mean I replaced the old file in the battery folder with the new .dsv file from my phone and renamed it to the old one) Now every time I run the ROM something shows up in the .exe window (the black one to the left) that says: Not a desmume .dsv save file, Trying to load as raw.
It then loads the game and I am only able to start a new game. I feel like I'm just doing something wrong

#6 2015-06-17 21:26:27

zeromus
Radical Ninja

What you wrote isn't wrong. But perhaps you didnt even write accurately what you did. Maybe the .dsv was zipped or something when you took it from your phone? If you havent unselected 'hide extensions for known file types' from explorer then you should do that right now and never change it back. Or perhaps the instructions you received are nonsense or incomplete or inapplicable to you and lead you to move .dsv files between incompatible emulator versions.

#7 2015-06-17 21:27:29

mp924

Ok, that's could be it. Thanks anyways!

Board footer