You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2011-02-04 00:26:53

IdoSC

Using Analog Stick as a Stylus? ("feature request")

Hello DeSmuME's staff, first of all I'd like to thank you for the wonderful emulator, 0.9.7 works like a charm with all the games I need.

Either way, I'm here to ask if a certain feature is possible, or doable. I completely understand if you have other priorities in mind and sorry for bothering you if I do. I'm using a joystick while I play, and I thought if it'd be possible to use an analog stick as a stylus, the way the mouse currently does; which means the analog stick's position itself will move a stylus icon/standard mouse icon over the bottom touch screen, and the button pressed when pushing the analog stick will replace the mouse's left click, or the stylus's function of actually touching the screen.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by IdoSC (2011-02-04 00:28:51)

#2 2011-02-27 06:26:13

rid6127

Re: Using Analog Stick as a Stylus? ("feature request")

i think thats a good idea.. good looking dude

#3 2011-02-27 08:29:12

Manivo
Awesome Possum

I think this feature request is already on the feature tracker, but I'm not sure. Feel free to check the tracker and add it there if it isn't already.

#4 2011-03-06 07:33:06

TheEternalKyuubi

Yes ,
I would request the same as ShinyPkm ,
If u r playing Pokemon D/P/Platinum or HGSS ,
than making 'poffins' part of the game sucks sad
Man ,
how could some one rotate the mouse at the same speed as the stylus !
Sorry ,
but Please make some device driver based desmume update , enabling to play with PS-2 USB Joystick smile

© Ashton Villa
    gamer.ashton@gmail.com

#5 2011-03-13 18:00:43

IdoSC

Meh there's no point in replying to this thread anymore. Manivo already replied. The feature is supposed to be on the feature tracker, I haven't seen it so I have to register an account for Sourceforge since I usually use Googlecode. Once I do, I'll post it there, and it'll be added to a certain revision as soon as they have the time and the will to do that...

Also, I don't get what's the problem with making Poffins. You left click the lower screen then rapidly rotate the mouse...the only reason I ask for it is because you have a spare analog stick which you can use instead of using 2 different instruments while playing.

#6 2015-06-13 18:40:53

dvnchaos2

Board footer