You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2014-03-09 08:50:26

alvinhochun

The beginning of a Qt frontend.. or is it?

I may be making a Qt frontend.

At the moment, I've got a very simple frontend which can start a ROM and display the screen as a proof-of-concept. I've packed the Qt Creator qmake project below. Untar it to the desmume/src directory and build the project.
I am using Qt 5.2.1 and DeSmuME svn on Linux.
Update: Audio output is also working now.

The linker flags are currently hard-coded, so you may neesd to change them.

Edit: Outdated link removed

Note that this is only intended as a technical demonstration, so it is nether something usable nor stable.

I am not responsible for any injuries or shattered screens.

Last edited by alvinhochun (2014-03-20 15:13:53)

#2 2014-03-11 13:43:11

alvinhochun

Re: The beginning of a Qt frontend.. or is it?

I've decided to push my work-in-progress to Bitbucket as a git repo.

You can find it here: https://bitbucket.org/alvinhochun/desmume-qt-frontend

I've also created a page on the Wiki: http://wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title=Qt_Frontend

Last edited by alvinhochun (2014-03-13 07:10:30)

#3 2014-03-19 19:21:41

ff11

Very good job! So many working things on the new alternative frontend in so little time, a good and clean code too.
From my dev perspective, I like a lot of Qt framework (and Boost C++ Libraries too). I hope more devs will appreciate it too.
Thanks a lot ^^

#4 2014-03-20 15:16:18

alvinhochun

ff11 wrote:

Very good job! So many working things on the new alternative frontend in so little time, a good and clean code too.
From my dev perspective, I like a lot of Qt framework (and Boost C++ Libraries too). I hope more devs will appreciate it too.
Thanks a lot ^^

Thanks, that's encouraging.

Sounds like you know Qt much better than I do, so why not help develop it?

#5 2014-03-20 19:41:15

ff11

alvinhochun wrote:
ff11 wrote:

Thanks a lot ^^

Thanks, that's encouraging.

Sounds like you know Qt much better than I do, so why not help develop it?

I'm having just little free time. And when I just get something, some like a linux kernel bug (to be exact: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=67191 ) take it away from me (it's kinda make me cry). Sure, I want to make some pull-requests, but it will have to wait until at least the middle of July. It's hard times, I have to make free space on full HD, stop all things I'm doing for this process, to make the kernel bisect and fix the bug, fix the bug, after this, clean the filesystem for take back the files that go away for the free space sake, recover the lost work time, make some more free time again, and will be at least the middle of July (it's kinda make me cry again -_- ).

#6 2014-09-24 09:26:49

MrTheSoulz

I'm still waiting for this :C
i wish i knew more about qt so i could help out but i dont so i will motivate you i guess...

GET TO YOUR SLACKER, I WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE DESMUME ON LINUX PROPERLY!

There that should motivate you big_smile

Now seriusly please move this faster, the gtk port sucks...
I cant use the filters or even change the control keys to play with a keyboard...

The GT already works much better on this regard, now if you/someone cleaned the compiler warnings and made it run faster it would be awesome!

GET TO WORK! big_smile

PS: btw i registered just to tell you to not give up on this critical thing,
i had to fail 9999999 times on the damn Human or bot questions that i knew the answer but it only accepted it on caps...

Last edited by MrTheSoulz (2014-09-24 09:32:43)

#7 2014-09-27 15:03:10

alvinhochun

MrTheSoulz wrote:

I'm still waiting for this :C
i wish i knew more about qt so i could help out but i dont so i will motivate you i guess...

GET TO YOUR SLACKER, I WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE DESMUME ON LINUX PROPERLY!

There that should motivate you big_smile

Now seriusly please move this faster, the gtk port sucks...
I cant use the filters or even change the control keys to play with a keyboard...

The GT already works much better on this regard, now if you/someone cleaned the compiler warnings and made it run faster it would be awesome!

GET TO WORK! big_smile

PS: btw i registered just to tell you to not give up on this critical thing,
i had to fail 9999999 times on the damn Human or bot questions that i knew the answer but it only accepted it on caps...

I AM A SLACKER, ALRIGHT?

Fellow humans, even robots have a life. What do you expect?

Ok, seriously, this is an open-source project. We devote our own free time to work on it. Although I would like to work on the Qt frontend more often, the reality does not allow me to free up more time for a lot of things. Important things always go first, and this is not the most important thing in my life. This is how life works.

For your real problem, you can use filters in the gtk+ frontend. Make sure you are compiling from a recent version of the source code (note, use versions before r5043 since that one introduces some graphical bugs to some games).

#8 2014-10-07 02:33:40

MrTheSoulz

Yah ik, sucks sad
Anyway just wanted to show theres a "demand" for this QT frontend.

Hope you get more free time and that people contribute to it!

Thanks!, Soulz.

Board footer