You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
WiFi not emulated and not supported!!
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2011-09-08 10:59:12

someone

DeSmuME.exe crashes as soon as I doubleclick on the icon

First of all, thank you for your work and your effort in this software, it's awesome.

Story is: DeSmuME.exe had been running perfectly fine until today, games worked good and saves too.
Now for some reason it won't work at all. As I run the .exe I get a message that says "Si è verificato un
errore in DeSmuME.exe. L'applicazione verrà chiusa." which I assume is "desmume.exe has encountered
a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience." in English, it's just right like this
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1866/error1b.png but with these values:

AppName: desmume.exe     AppVer: 0.0.0.0     ModName: dinput8.dll
ModVer: 5.3.2600.2180     Offset: 0000cbe7

Version is the latest, 0.9.7.
I wasn't using any cheat or code in any game.
Rebooting didn't do anything.
Deleting the .ini didn't do anything.
Completely wiping out the folder and reinstalling didn't do anything, same error message.
Rebooting after wiping out the folder didn't do anything.
Using nosse2.exe didn't do anything.

What the f happened and what am I supposed to do? It worked PERFECTLY until today and now it can't
even start. Only thing that I did yesterday was updating my video drivers (did it properly, removed the
old ones, rebooted and then installing new ones, rebooted again), could have some influence?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2011-09-08 18:30:05

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: DeSmuME.exe crashes as soon as I doubleclick on the icon

install directx web update, and update the drivers for your joysticks and input devices etc. or try unplugging them all and see if it helps.

Board footer