You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2011-03-14 00:12:26

IdoSC

Re: Pokemon Black/White (U) Thread

What works:
Everything except network play / WFC / WIFI. Battles are slower compared to older games due to improved 3D graphics. Same goes for some of the outside locations.

What's needed:
You're going to need an anti piracy patch. Without this patch your Pokemons won't gain EXP. Google is your best friend here.

Optimal Settings:
Soft Rasterizer has the upper hand I believe. Enable Textures is needed (threshold: 0), the rest of the 3D settings don't make a difference to me (I have a pretty high end CPU though, tell me if any of the settings do make you feel a difference).
Advanced BUS Level-Timing is not needed, disable it. External BIOSes and firmware are not needed. Sound works well with Dual SPU Synch.
Advanced SPU logic is not necessary--disable it.
Frameskipping works well for this game and many users want it just to help accelerate the slow gameplay. Tune to taste.
Use x64 if your system supports it. Don't use SVNs unless you know what it means and you want it (note: official releases are optimized and give a huge FPS boost if you don't optimize your SVNs).

Notes/Game FAQ:
*You can't use GBA slot to migrate Pokemons from GBA in this game. You have to migrate them to 4th gen, then migrate them to these games using programs like Pokesav.

*Save type is AUTOMATIC. Don't touch it. This emulator is NOT VisualBoyAdvance, you don't need to deal with that at all.

*As with all pokemon games, make an in-game save as early as possible and relaunch the emulator to verify that it can be loaded. This will help make you feel secure that when you get to the end of the game and need to reset and load a save file, it will work.

*If you didn't download the emulator from the official Desmume site then it WON'T WORK, no matter what youtube guide you used.

*Use 0.9.7. There may be a slight speed drop from 0.9.6 and below, but if you use 0.9.6 and below and you face an antipiracy then I'm not gonna answer your questions.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding this game here. Granted, this forum is meant for emulation/compatibility related questions, not to discuss the actual game (unless it's related to a bug in the emulation).

updated with Madara1111's suggestions

Last edited by zeromus (2011-04-13 21:19:56)

#2 2011-03-14 08:03:46

Pokefan999

Both games work very well on desmume and I have constant 60fps indoor and outdoor and during battle scene.

#3 2011-03-14 11:15:24

IdoSC

Meh of course. What I meant is, if you uncapped FPS, in older games you could get, say, 300 FPS. Now you'll get 150 FPS. If your computer is strong enough, everything will  obviously run on 60 FPS all the time...that note was meant for people with low end processors.

#4 2011-03-16 17:10:38

Zeppelyn

It's working fine for me but like you said, the battles are slow. For me they're very noticeably slow and it's pretty annoying. It's just a vanity and time thing, but how can I make the battles faster?

#5 2011-03-16 17:46:24

IdoSC

Use the speed settings I mentioned and the FAQ. Unfortunately, like I said, you need at least a medium end-user computer to actually be surprised when things go slow in Desmume.

#6 2011-03-22 09:37:17

lilmissbritt

i have been playing pokemon black for awhile & it was working fine. however now for some reason when i press a or s (select/start) nothing happens...i can no longer view my party pokedex or anything that would normally pop up when i pressed a or s....help?

#7 2011-03-22 17:08:51

zeromus
Radical Ninja

A and S are the X and Y buttons. That's just for your information. I don't know why youve developed the problem youve got, which can be solved by rebooting your PC and deleting your ini file and loading your game back from your save file.

#8 2011-03-22 17:33:21

IdoSC

lilmissbritt wrote:

i have been playing pokemon black for awhile & it was working fine. however now for some reason when i press a or s (select/start) nothing happens...i can no longer view my party pokedex or anything that would normally pop up when i pressed a or s....help?

The menu button is X in all DS main series Pokemon games. After 7 games, you should've known that.

#9 2011-03-26 02:29:12

ineedsomehelp

so I have Pokemon white with 0.9.7. downloaded and I have the patched version but my Pokemon still wont gain Exp. Anyone else having this problem?

#10 2011-03-26 11:58:45

IdoSC

ineedsomehelp wrote:

so I have Pokemon white with 0.9.7. downloaded and I have the patched version but my Pokemon still wont gain Exp. Anyone else having this problem?

No, you patched it wrong. Also, pirating is not supported.

#11 2011-03-27 23:38:48

Troll

Since you made this thread, I might as well. I don't know if you call this freezing, but *shrugs* at times, my game (black) likes to move at regular speed. the next it moves sluggish, and then noise just messes up...then it changes back to the regular...It's kinda hard moving around. It might be my memory card or Graphics, I honestly don't know.

#12 2011-03-28 12:28:46

yonizaf

no, that's not freezing. it could be caused by a power saving feature (i.e intel's speedstep), or a program is periodically using high cpu, or your cpu is just too slow. it's not your memory or graphics card anyway.

#13 2011-04-04 00:50:41

zeromus
Radical Ninja

so you found a hacky way to enable some broken stuff, and now the game freezes? congrats.

#14 2011-04-04 10:51:21

IdoSC

kligettus wrote:

I went on youtube and found a way to get wi fi so I could get the liberty pass, but every time I try to interact with Victini, my game freezes. There is no black screen, the music doesn't stop, skip, or repeat, the battle just never happens. Is this a problem with the rom or is it something with the emu itself? I've tried it both using the wi fi enabled version 0.9.6 and the official 0.9.7 and the same thing happens on both. If it helps at all, Victini cries, the text box disappears, and then the game freezes.
Ignore this,but I am leaving it to help.
I was able to initiate the battle by using the turbo feature in the emu to get past it but it was just a fluke.

Use Pokesav or Pokegen for things like that.

#15 2011-04-04 11:09:56

kligettus

zeromus wrote:

so you found a hacky way to enable some broken stuff, and now the game freezes? congrats.

Actually it was just me not turning off the shiny code

#16 2011-04-19 22:06:45

Platinum Lucario

Well, as alot of us already know. There is something in the ROM itself that the emulator cannot read it properly, it's the EXP skipping problem of course! And alot of people think this is an AP issue, but it isn't... it's just a coding that the emulator cannot read properly. Anti-Piracy thingys in the game don't exist at all... it is something that people thought since it happened on the flashcards as well, the truth is... the flashcards have some sort of emulator in them to operate the ROM on the SD card. So even the flashcard emulators have some issues that haven't been fixed yet. The AP patch for Pokémon Black/White changes the hex values of the EXP in the ROM to hex values that the emulator can actually read. As I know that Black/White is unsupported, things may change in future versions. I haven't tried the unpatched Black/White out on DeSmuME 0.9.7 yet, so I'm not sure if the issue has been resolved yet.

#17 2011-04-28 20:22:05

stevenuri1025

Question: I started playing pokemon white on desmume 0.9.6 and created a few save files. I upgraded to 0.9.7 and I can no longer use those save files. I assume this is a compatibility issue?? if so, does anybody know how i can resolve said issue?

#18 2011-05-01 19:13:01

monstrafex

so i have a question... i was running pokemon white fine on desmume for a while, all of a sudden out of nowhere my framerate takes a dump. now the game is playing at like 1/5th the original speed and nothing i've tried changing has fixed it. does anyone know what could have caused this? it's impossible to productively play the game this way.

edit: the game will occasionally speed up a little, then slow back down. i can tell because the of the music

Last edited by monstrafex (2011-05-01 19:13:48)

#19 2011-05-01 23:20:21

IdoSC

stevenuri1025 wrote:

Question: I started playing pokemon white on desmume 0.9.6 and created a few save files. I upgraded to 0.9.7 and I can no longer use those save files. I assume this is a compatibility issue?? if so, does anybody know how i can resolve said issue?

You can use save FILES between versions, you can't use save STATES. Save from ingame and retry.

monstrafex wrote:

so i have a question... i was running pokemon white fine on desmume for a while, all of a sudden out of nowhere my framerate takes a dump. now the game is playing at like 1/5th the original speed and nothing i've tried changing has fixed it. does anyone know what could have caused this? it's impossible to productively play the game this way.

edit: the game will occasionally speed up a little, then slow back down. i can tell because the of the music

Remove your INI file, follow the FAQ for optimization settings. If it still doesn't work, make sure your computer meets the recommended requirements in the FAQ.

Last edited by IdoSC (2011-05-01 23:20:42)

#20 2011-05-02 20:03:39

lilb

it wont let me hit the start button(enter) for some reason idk if its the game or emulator but everything else runs pretty decent

#21 2011-05-02 23:15:53

IdoSC

lilb wrote:

it wont let me hit the start button(enter) for some reason idk if its the game or emulator but everything else runs pretty decent

Do you try to use Start to get to the menu?

In DS Poke games, the X button is used for the menu.

#22 2011-05-03 02:03:46

monstrafex

IdoSC wrote:
stevenuri1025 wrote:

You can use save FILES between versions, you can't use save STATES. Save from ingame and retry.

monstrafex wrote:

Remove your INI file, follow the FAQ for optimization settings. If it still doesn't work, make sure your computer meets the recommended requirements in the FAQ.

well, i tried this but unfortunately it still runs slow. i don't know which FAQ has the recommended requirements, but i have a pretty decent alienware laptop. i can play games like starcraft 2 and aion on high settings, so i feel like it shouldn't be a hardware issue. any other ideas?

edit: i fixed it, it had nothing to do with desmume

Last edited by monstrafex (2011-05-03 02:48:32)

#23 2011-05-05 12:07:16

IdoSC

monstrafex wrote:
IdoSC wrote:
stevenuri1025 wrote:

monstrafex wrote:

well, i tried this but unfortunately it still runs slow. i don't know which FAQ has the recommended requirements, but i have a pretty decent alienware laptop. i can play games like starcraft 2 and aion on high settings, so i feel like it shouldn't be a hardware issue. any other ideas?

edit: i fixed it, it had nothing to do with desmume

Great. Let me guess, save battery mode was enabled? When you ask a question about PCs in general, always mention whether you use a laptop or a standard PC.

Just a note for future reference, there's only one FAQ, and the recommended requirements (at least for this game) should be something like a Dual Core 2GHZ+ processor. Plus, the min. reqs. in general are mentioned in the FAQ either way.

Last edited by IdoSC (2011-05-05 12:09:29)

#24 2011-05-16 11:55:23

1stsim144

Hi, I'm quite new here as you can see. Urm, anyways, I tried to play my Pokemon Black using this emulator but I failed.

It freeze right after Prof. Juniper starts hovering around. Is there any code to fix this? Or is there something wrong with my settings or what? hmm

#25 2011-05-16 18:42:20

IdoSC

1stsim144 wrote:

Hi, I'm quite new here as you can see. Urm, anyways, I tried to play my Pokemon Black using this emulator but I failed.

It freeze right after Prof. Juniper starts hovering around. Is there any code to fix this? Or is there something wrong with my settings or what? hmm

Desmume version? Did you get it from desmume.org? Do you use any codes?

(Hint: the right answers are 0.9.7, yes, no)

Last edited by IdoSC (2011-05-16 18:43:17)

Board footer