You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2011-03-13 22:57:18

IdoSC

Forums suggestion

Heya, thought it could be VERY useful for this forum if you brought the method used in forums like Dolphin's forums. Basically make a subforum or whatever in the Compatibility forum, named Games List. Each person who plays a game and gets it to work (or can't get it to work even after asking about his problem in the proper forum) could make an official thread for that game in there, stating it's compatibility status and maybe even ideal settings, or in other words, what settings make the game unplayable/graphically incompatible/slower than usual. One could also add his average FPS output considering his specs if he wanted to, and what version is the ideal for speed/compatibility/etc.

Either way, benefits:
*It makes a great excuse to lock/delete repetitive threads
*People who actually search will find their answer faster. People who sometimes search might actually find their answer for once.
*Since it's an official thread per game, older members can help newer members with repetitive bugs.
*If the game is unplayable without XYZ, or has any game breaking bug/glitch/compatibility error, it could be stated in the OP.

Anyways, if it actually happens, I'd be glad to gradually open some new threads myself.

#2 2011-03-13 23:04:48

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Forums suggestion

should rename the old compatibility forum, [which is basically currently 'support/general II' as opposed to 'support/general (support)' and 'support/general (general)] to 'dont use this', and make a new forum in the way you suggested. i like having excuses to delete and lock threads.

edit -

perhaps thats a bit uncharitable. the other forums seem to be decent classifications. they just dont get policed into conformance.

#3 2011-03-13 23:13:35

IdoSC

Alright, I thought this new organization could be a win-win situation for everyone, because currently 3 forums are being used for the same purposes by new members and basically only the mods and people with 400+ posts answer because others don't bother checking if there are new problems they already know how to solve. And apparently Technical section is where all the...serious questions are located atm.

But yeah, if the current arrangement works for you guys I can't say anything. Glad you liked it though.

#4 2011-03-13 23:18:12

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Here is my serious proposal:
1. Rename 'Compatibility' to 'Support II (decommissioned)' - "This forum is archived for historical purposes." and lock it from new topics (replies can still be posted however).
2. Add a new 'Compatibility' forum and operate it as you propose. Describe it as "Talk here about working/not working games" as before. We can move existing good threads into the new compatibility on an individual basis. You may nominate old threads for moving just by resurrecting them.
3. Re-describe 'Support' as: "Get help using desmume" (the current description is too general)

#5 2011-03-13 23:24:49

IdoSC

Sure, sounds great. If you wanna do some dirty job, you could merge several threads with good solution for certain questions into the thread in the new forum which would be a placeholder for this main post, describing the compatibility of the game etc. But again, only optional since it -is- some dirty job.

Otherwise, of course, anything's welcome. I wouldn't suggest and state my opinion on something related to your forum if you guys yourselves don't like it.

#6 2011-03-13 23:51:35

zeromus
Radical Ninja

ok done. have fun. but i suggest writing off threads for any big games in other forums and letting them get created naturally from scratch. good example threads are likely to be shorter and less popular games.

Board footer