You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2010-09-20 10:05:29

Battousai-nii

Mac OSX Installing help-- I am a noob!

I think you folks must be a LOT more advanced than the average people on the net, because I searched the FAQ/Forum/etc and found no one else with this problem. Sorry if I somehow missed a sticky.

I have a Mac running 10.4.11,
Processor: Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 4GB 667 MHz DDR2

Firstly, what is the latest version I can install? I found a version 0.9.3, but the video and sound are full of static and lag, which really shouldn't happen with 4GB of RAM. I assume later versions have mended this issue?

Secondly, all the later versions download as .app files, which I've never even seen before. What is this "compiling" everyone is talking about? Is there a way to turn .app files into plain old .dmg files?

Not sure if this helps, but I mainly downloaded this to Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, because it's the only game in the series I don't have the necessary system for.

I'm sorry if these are obvious/stupid questions. I did try googling this first. This is my first Mac.

Thanks.

#2 2010-09-20 10:15:44

shash
Administrator

Re: Mac OSX Installing help-- I am a noob!

Battousai-nii wrote:

(...)

Not sure if this helps, but I mainly downloaded this to Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, because it's the only game in the series I don't have the necessary system for.

(...)

As probably you can't dump carts by looking at them, closing this due to piracy.

#3 2010-09-20 17:54:36

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Mac OSX Installing help-- I am a noob!

Because I hate to leave misinformation in threads for future generations, 4GB of ram means nothing for static and lag.

Board footer