Here we report games that don't work or are badly emulated with the lastest official version of DesMuMe (0.9.7 at the moment). This list hasn't been updated since 0.9.8 was released.
See also 0.9.8 compatibility notes
Doesn't boot at all (black/white screen at startup)
- Army Men Soldiers of Misfortune (E) (U)
- Dora The Explorer Dora Saves The Mermaids (EUU), only multilanguage version are affected (128Mbit size, 64Mbit works fine) - fixed
- Go, Diego, Go! Safari Rescue (EUU), only multilanguage version are affected (128Mbit size, 64Mbit works fine) - fixed
- Puppy Palace (U) / My Puppy Shop (E) hangs with an ARM9 error
- Warioware Do It Yourself (U) (E) this game uses a NAND chip that isn't fully understood - fixed on r4785
Freeze or crash DURING the game
- Transformers Autobot (I) hangs after the intro movie before going ingame, other version E,U,etc are unaffected
- Star Wars The Clone Wars Jedi Alliance (E) (U) hangs after starting a new game. Prior to SVN 3396 revision you can see an ingame intro but black screen after that
- SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis (U) (E) when you try to save the game hangs with an error saying "The Data couldn't be written".
- Spiderman 3 (U) (E) when you try to save the game hangs with an error saying "The Data couldn't be written". -- this may be fixed in 0.9.8, can someone check
- Pokemon Pearl/Diamond/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver/Black/White (all releases) occasional freezes
- Digimon World (U) UNCONFIRMED! Stuck in a dialogue, we need a savegame near that point before it happens, see #301436 report.
- Rune Factory (U) / Rune Factory 2 (U) random crash when trying to open a menu or walking around.
Serious graphic bug or extremely slow speed*
- Homie Rollerz (U) inverted models on driver selection screen and inconsistent/flashy 3d environment probably due to timing problems
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (E) (U) slightly corrupted 2D sprites and very slow game performance
- Golden Sun Dark Dawn (E) (U) very slow game performance (game goes into its own threading system's idle loop and generally uses a ton of cpu)
- Yoshi Touch & Go (E) (U) very slow game performance (game goes into an idle loop which pressures desmume's slow cpu core)
- Woodleys Summer Sports (E) Glitchy big line on bottom screen on all game. Timing problem
- American Girl Julie Finds a Way (U) 3D environment missing at all, briefly appear if you turn 90° left at the start
*not caused by low PC specs and not mitigated by frameskip
Look here for much more in-depth explanation of these bugs: