You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2011-05-21 05:09:54

Lionheart_099

Buttons not responsive ... Help ?

I'm using the latest DeSmume version on Windows XP, the game I'm playing is Digimon World DS.

My problem is, over some period of time, the buttons will suddenly stop responding, usually I would just shake it off and just restart, but I don't save on the ROM, I save in a file (if that makes sense?). It'd be much appreciated if someone helped me with this right away.

#2 2011-05-21 05:14:53

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Buttons not responsive ... Help ?

1. check the compatibility forum. theres nothing you can do to stop it.
2. it doesnt make sense. save in a way that enables you to work around the freezes.

#3 2011-05-21 05:21:58

Lionheart_099

Here's a scenario to help you understand.

Say your playing a pokemon game, then you go to the main menu, then you click save, etc,etc. Then your game is saved.
I do not do that.

Instead, I save by using the emulator to export a save file into a folder. File> Save As> Etc.

There's no real way to work around the freezes really, it's completely random and I'm stuck at a point where I'm close to the end with countless hours of work, and the buttons will not respond, even if I reload the save.

So I'm screwed, cause I'm looking basically for a debug for this. I just want to know if there is so I can choose whether or not to give up.

#4 2011-05-21 05:32:16

zeromus
Radical Ninja

you MUST save the way you said you do not save or else you WILL eventually get screwed. this is a law of emulation.
you are screwed if you can't get from your savestates to an in-game save point.

you're not loading "saves", which there is no such thing, since nobody knows what it means. youre loading "savestates" and the alternatives is "save files".

#5 2011-05-21 05:35:00

Lionheart_099

In game save doesn't work, unless I load a exported file THEN go to the MAIN menu and load a in game save. But i'm just asking is there actually no way to get rid of the bug (whatever it is)?

#6 2011-05-21 05:40:19

zeromus
Radical Ninja

zeromus wrote:

theres nothing you can do to stop it.

I don't understand what you're saying because you don't actually use terminology from the emulator. But it is entirely possible that you are unable to save the game using in-game saves due to a series of complicated foul-ups preceding. This can be caught early on, for instance, as soon as the game lets you in-game save, at which point you can restart the emulator and see whether you can reload the in-game save. You should do that next time.

#7 2011-05-21 05:43:44

Lionheart_099

I guess I shouldn't overestimate the emulator just yet.. Should've had more precaution. My loss... I guess I could just download a save game file off the internet to where I'm close to being done.. :\

#8 2011-05-21 08:41:11

IdoSC

Lionheart_099 wrote:

I guess I shouldn't overestimate the emulator just yet.. Should've had more precaution. My loss... I guess I could just download a save game file off the internet to where I'm close to being done.. :\

Don't overestimate any emulator ever.

Board footer