You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2009-10-13 21:23:25

pedidor

Where I can find svn?

Someone can tell where I can download the last SVN compiled?
or maybe someone can upload for me, please, thanks smile

#2 2009-10-13 22:47:17

shash
Administrator

Re: Where I can find svn?

Use google or compile yourself (it's detailed on the FAQ).

#3 2009-10-13 22:56:16

pedidor

shash wrote:

Use google or compile yourself (it's detailed on the FAQ).

but I don't wanna compile by myself tongue

there is no way that anyone upload his own compiled version?

thanks thanks thanks in advance

#4 2009-10-14 00:57:17

zeromus
Radical Ninja

then use google. he gave you two options.

#5 2009-10-14 10:41:51

nut
Website

Another option is, wait for the oficial release or use the methods from above posts.

I want to be a programmer.

#6 2009-10-14 20:17:30

pedidor

nut wrote:

Another option is, wait for the oficial release or use the methods from above posts.

well, I think I am going to wait the oficial release... it seem that isn't too far but the way big_smile

What's the last svn (29??)? so I can googling for it

Last edited by pedidor (2009-10-14 20:19:35)

#7 2009-10-14 22:28:11

DottorLeo
DesMuMe Bug Catcher

To check the lastest SVN number look at here: http://desmume.svn.sourceforge.net/view … ume/trunk/

EDIT by shash: No SVN build links, kthxbye.

Last edited by DottorLeo (2009-10-15 13:32:59)

Do you want a better experience with DesMuMe? Do you have a problem with it? READ ME now!

#8 2009-10-15 13:25:53

DottorLeo
DesMuMe Bug Catcher

Lol i don't know tongue

Ok, i think it's better to rewrite the entire SVN build guide to make it more... dumb user like big_smile

Do you want a better experience with DesMuMe? Do you have a problem with it? READ ME now!

#9 2009-10-15 19:24:45

mike

DottorLeo wrote:

Lol i don't know tongue

Ok, i think it's better to rewrite the entire SVN build guide to make it more... dumb user like big_smile

SVN isn't for everyday users to get a "sneak peak". SVN is for devs to make collaborating easier. As a result, code can somtimes be left in a broken state for some time.

If everyone was given SVN builds, the forums would be flooded with "SVN revision 'n' doesn't work, fix it please!!!!!!". So there are no provided SVN builds.

#10 2009-10-15 20:37:24

pedidor

mike wrote:
DottorLeo wrote:

Lol i don't know tongue

SVN isn't for everyday users to get a "sneak peak". SVN is for devs to make collaborating easier. As a result, code can somtimes be left in a broken state for some time.

If everyone was given SVN builds, the forums would be flooded with "SVN revision 'n' doesn't work, fix it please!!!!!!". So there are no provided SVN builds.

Ah I see... becuase of that's there isn't SVN...

well, but there is no way that someone make a post and explain that there isn't oficial version and it's for test only bla bla bla etc?

so in that way the people impatient like me can see in wich way it's taken these fabulos emulator tongue

#11 2009-10-15 20:44:15

mike

pedidor wrote:

well, but there is no way that someone make a post and explain that there isn't oficial version and it's for test only bla bla bla etc?

so in that way the people impatient like me can see in wich way it's taken these fabulos emulator tongue

There is an SVN, but it is mostly unsupported. SVN code isn't thoroughly tested before being made available, unlike official versions of DeSmuME, so making SVN builds publically available ready made would flood the forums with unnecessary support threads.

#12 2009-10-15 20:54:46

pedidor

mike wrote:
pedidor wrote:

There is an SVN, but it is mostly unsupported. SVN code isn't thoroughly tested before being made available, unlike official versions of DeSmuME, so making SVN builds publically available ready made would flood the forums with unnecessary support threads.

damn saint moises...
well I have to wait then... it's too dificult for me compile material although I have never tried tongue

thanks for you explanation, case closed big_smile

#13 2009-10-16 17:46:24

DottorLeo
DesMuMe Bug Catcher

mike wrote:
DottorLeo wrote:

Lol i don't know tongue

Not so true. If you check the Bugtracker, many times there are "regression on SVNxxxx" because it's useful to know that build has broken something. Also if we have much more users that test the code developer can fix a lot more bugs. At this moment we are 3 big "bug finder", me, Nash679 and Pokefan999, But we can't check all the games in DS library and we can't check them from start to end.

Another thing at this developing stage the code is much more reliable that official 0.9.4, trust me.

Compiling is simple (almost for Windows, i don't use OSX or Linux) and i strongly encourage the people to test the lastest SVNs.

Last edited by DottorLeo (2009-10-16 17:46:50)

#14 2009-10-16 20:38:51

zeromus
Radical Ninja

We have to have a policy about not supporting svn builds to cut down on noise. Of course there are exceptions for power users with brains. This system works well.

#15 2009-10-18 00:18:13

Grandork

DottorLeo wrote:

Not so true. If you check the Bugtracker, many times there are "regression on SVNxxxx" because it's useful to know that build has broken something. Also if we have much more users that test the code developer can fix a lot more bugs. At this moment we are 3 big "bug finder", me, Nash679 and Pokefan999, But we can't check all the games in DS library and we can't check them from start to end.

Another thing at this developing stage the code is much more reliable that official 0.9.4, trust me.

Compiling is simple (almost for Windows, i don't use OSX or Linux) and i strongly encourage the people to test the lastest SVNs.

Trust me, if the person is so dumb that they can't find it on google, they're insight on the problems can't be that big of a loss.

I will give a hint for all those who can't find it on google:

Desmume (r*SVN Nº*)

#16 2009-10-20 23:17:22

pedidor

Grandork wrote:
DottorLeo wrote:

Trust me, if the person is so dumb that they can't find it on google, they're insight on the problems can't be that big of a loss.

I will give a hint for all those who can't find it on google:

Desmume (r*SVN Nº*)

or maybe nobody wants to download fake files, that's why they ask before...:S

anyway, here is the SVN Desmume-r2980.7z and will be updated whenever possible
thanks to orleans (also there are SVN for others emulators) ;-)
http://snip (what part of NO svn builds here wasn't clear?)

and what is the point to giving hints? you can't just tell where download? bad forum member friend you are tongue

EDIT: removed url, by shash

Last edited by pedidor (2009-10-20 23:23:46)

#17 2009-10-25 16:44:45

Grandork

The Point of giving a hint is that I READ THE RULES.

Next time read the rules Pedidor.

Board footer