You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2007-05-29 00:31:51

kiniou
Website

Black screen with latest libnds in devkitpro

Hi everyone smile

I updated my libnds from devkitpro and desmume can't display my 3D developpement stuff.
I thought first it was a coding problem and after recoding properly and testing with my DS and ensata, desmume came with a black screen.
It seems they changed the glCallList function with asynchronous DMA writing as I saw in devkitpro source code.

I have posted my homebrew at http://blog.knokorpo.fr/index.php/linux … be-one-day

To be more accurate, I've updated libnds to the 20070503 version (the latest as I know).

Is there any developper who was luckier than me with this lib?

NB : Please excuse my frenchy-english wink

#2 2007-05-29 00:54:21

shash
Administrator

Re: Black screen with latest libnds in devkitpro

I'll check it asap, as I never had a single problem with devkitpro and 3D (in fact, it's the first that I used to develop the 3D core).

EDIT: OK, it runs perfectly on my WIP, I'll check what's different with lastest CVS tongue

6ajhfzk.png

EDIT2: If you checkout from the desmume CVS now, you should be able to run it perfectly, I just commited the needed changes to make it run smile

#3 2007-05-29 06:46:58

kiniou
Website

Thanks a lot shash big_smile, I've just tested and it works perfectly now with the latest CVS like you said.
I look into the changelog of MMU.c and it matches the DMA stuff changes in the videoGL.c of ARM9 libnds.

Now it is so good to know that works again on linux(and windows if my memory is good) as I started to weary me with ensata and wine with the bad Directx9 compatibility tongue

Thanks again and keep up the good work wink

PS : Are you usually so speed in correcting bugs or was it a good coincidence? big_smile

EDIT : I've just tested the version cli ( at the latest cvs version of course wink )of desmume and it's black too. I just remember that I didn't mention I am running desmume on Linux Ubuntu 7.04 'Feisty Fawn'.

Last edited by kiniou (2007-05-29 06:57:28)

#4 2007-05-29 11:47:34

shash
Administrator

Well, but if I'm motivated enough and know where the issue comes from, it's usually not that hard to fix it in a few hours. Some times it takes a bit longer.

The cli port doesn't support the 3D core, so it's normal to get a black screen there.

#5 2007-05-29 12:59:24

kiniou
Website

Oops ... my mistake hmm I forgot the cli version was not 3D aware. Hehe smile

Board footer