You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2022-06-17 20:30:47

Altilla

Launch Desmume Full-Screen via AutoHotkey

I haven't found anyone online that could explain this so I decided to figure it out and post it all for you to use.

If you're not familiar with AutoHotkey you can download and read about it Here

This is the string you will use to make the script for opening Desmume in fullscreen as a stand-alone application e.g. double clicking on the script file to launch Desmume.

1. Download AutoHotkey and Install it.

2. Make your first script by right clicking on the desktop and navigating to the "New" sidebar there will be an option to make New "AutoHotkey Script"

3. Open the blank script template on your desktop by right clicking and selecting the option "edit script" this is the default location.

4. Delete text at the top of your script.

5. Paste template below into your script file and make necessary path changes.

Run, F:\desmume-0.9.11-win32\DeSmuME_0.9.11_x86.exe
Sleep 1000
Send !{Enter}
return

You can choose to compile your script or not it shouldn't make any difference in it's operation when you target it in launchbox or just locally.

If you have any questions let me know and I'll try and get to them as soon as I can.

Here's a start to finish example I've recorded if you want to see it in action

There will be some follow up instruction to target games in launchbox here in a few minutes so it will also open the game in the fullscreen application on launch.

Launch DS Games from Launchbox in Fullscreen

If you want to apply this directly to LaunchBox there is a AutoHotkey script page built into the emulator management part of the platform.

On the toolbar at the top of LaunchBox click on "Tools" then "Manage" then "Emulators" Find your DS emulator in the list.

Open the emulator and mouse down to "Running Script"

In this blank area copy and paste just the following from the script above.

Sleep 1000
Send !{Enter}
return

Click ok on the bottom right and close all necessary windows.

Double click on the game you would like to open and it should launch the game in fullscreen.

If anyone has any issues let me know and I'll see if I can help walk you through it better.

Last edited by Altilla (2022-06-17 20:51:34)

Board footer