You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2021-11-04 02:18:44

etrain727

Trying to do something stupid with arm64 RG351M

Hey all, i have a  RG351M that has a 4 core ARM64 based processor and and am trying to get desmume running on it.

I am a professional developer and I was able to get my hands on arm64 compiled binary and libs via the Debian packages. I've got the binary reading bios's and roms but its crashing and I am not sure why. I think it has do with mouse detections but the logs are  not super verbose.

Is there a debug mode/flag I can use to try and get deeper down this rabit hole ?
Has anyone else tried to get this to work ? 

here's a test run from command line , I suspect the fatal error is Error trying to initialize SDL: Unable to open mouse , unless the mic is mandatory and if that's the case im screwed. I am wondering if there are any extra ENV flags or config files I can pass to disable mouse support ?
Its possible this is all a fools errand but its been interesting trying to get it to work.

./desmume-cli --load-type 1 --bios-arm9 /storage/roms/gamedata/drastic/drastic/system/drastic_bios_arm9.bin --bios-arm7 /storage/roms/gamedata/drastic/drastic/system/drastic_bios_arm7.bin "/storage/roms/nds/some_rom.nds"
ALSA lib /home/cebion/github/351ELEC/build.351ELEC-RG351P.aarch64-20210603/alsa-lib-1.2.4/src/pcm/pcm_dmix.c:1009:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
Failed to open device: Invalid argument
Microphone init failed.
DeSmuME 0.9.11 svn0 dev+ NOSSE
SoftRast Initialized with cores=4

ROM game code: BO5E
ROM crc: ********
ROM serial: NTR-*******
ROM chipID: 0000FFC2
ROM internal name: ********
ROM developer: ***********

Slot1 auto-selected device type: Retail MC+ROM
Slot2 auto-selected device type: None (0xFF)
ARM7 BIOS load: OK.
ARM9 BIOS load: OK.
Already decrypted.
Error trying to initialize SDL: Unable to open mouse

#2 2021-11-04 03:01:01

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Trying to do something stupid with arm64 RG351M

If you're a developer, run it in a debugger and see why it's exiting.

After a few seconds of googling:
http://www.armadeus.org/wiki/index.php? … oubleshots

#3 2021-11-04 03:26:40

etrain727

Not sure why the attitude is necessary but i'll bite.

So best i can tell desmume is written in C/C++, so running a debugger on it will be like reading brail with my as cheeks and likely not worth it.

What does that random python library have to do with anything ? Its the wrong language and isn't in any way part of the emulator as far as I can tell.

#4 2021-11-04 09:40:03

zeromus
Radical Ninja

debugging why a program exits is one of the easiest things to debug. just step through main til it exits, then repeat stepping into the function that exited, and repeat until you find the ultimate cause of it exiting.

random python library uses SDL in a way that produces the same error "unable to open mouse", workaround might work.

I'm skeptical that's the problem but I guess it's possible. I thought 1000s of people had run this on rpis. Maybe they're all running retroarch instead. You should use that.

Board footer