You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2021-11-03 10:26:39

23cheal

POKEMON PLATINUM: In-Game Save crashes the emulator!!

Help! I always save in-game and in save states. However, I was unable to save using the in-game save function all of the sudden. I was lucky to save in the save state slots before experiencing the crash in the in-game save. What happens is that when I save in-game, it will proceed to save the game but not less than 1 second, the emulator hangs and there is an error. The tab about the emulator will say this: "switchMode: WRONG mode 00" and then closes by itself.

What I did differently in my last gameplay was that I put a bunch of new cheats such as complete pokedex, rare candies, all items cheat, and etc. I had 999x Masterballs and walk-through-walls cheat on before and my in-game save was still working. I thought that the cheats messed my game somewhere so I deleted all of the cheats I had and tried to save in-game but failed.

Other tests I tried:

I am currently using a "better version of DeSmuMe" from a YouTube video. I tried downloading the same emulator and then running Pokemon Platinum. It worked when I continue to create a new save file in-game like starting from the top. But when I used my save state, loaded it, and saved in-game, the same issue persists.

I downloaded DeSmuMe from the official website and used the latest update. However, my save states are not supported in the official emulator.

Last note: I know that I can continue playing using save states but later when I finish the League, the game will automatically overwrite the game which means it will fail again and I might not be able to continue the game after the League. Any help or ideas? I tried searching for answers but not much was of help.

#2 2021-11-03 16:29:01

someone

Re: POKEMON PLATINUM: In-Game Save crashes the emulator!!

Delete all your saves and savestates, start a new game and never use any cheats and suspicious builds. Use only ingame saves.

#3 2021-11-03 17:55:51

23cheal

Re: POKEMON PLATINUM: In-Game Save crashes the emulator!!

@someone
Thanks for the suggestion. That is my last resort indeed. I'm still open for other suggestions too in the meantime.

Last edited by 23cheal (2021-11-03 18:00:58)

Board footer