You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2021-03-28 14:28:00

lyde

DeSmuMe Cheat support Ubuntu 20.04.02 LTS

Hi there!
I am operating on a Lenovo X1 Thinkpad using Ubuntu Version 20.04.02 LTS.
I have recently installed DeSmuMe Nintendo DS Emulator via Flathub.
In the about tab it says 0.9.12 git#0 x64-JIT SSE2.
I am using it to play a Pokémon ROM hack (Pokémon Storm Silver) and I was wondering about a few features which seem to be missing related to cheats.

When I go to Config > Cheat it only displays "List" while "Search" is unavailable.
When I go to "List", another window "Cheat List" opens with tabs "Enabled Size Offset Value Description" and the two buttons to add and remove cheats.

I have multiple questions:
1) Could there be a specific reason why Search is unavailable for me? Can I do anything to make it appear? If not, will it be supported any time soon?
2) I figure I cannot input Action Replay codes. Is this function to be expected any time soon?
3) What exactly am I seeing in the Cheat List tab?
I assume "size" is the size of the memory address in bits or something similar? I couldn't find any explanations of the term "Offset" either.
Is the Offset supposed to be the memory address (offset from 0?) or is it how uncertain the address is or something? I guess Value will be the Value to overwrite the address with.

In short, I would like an explanation of how to use cheats in my version. I couldn't find any info for this nor which codes to input there.
I assume my DeSmuMe version or my OS have something to do with it.

I would appreciate any help, even if it's just a reference where I can find more info. I would also be interested in knowing the difference of these kinds of codes to AR ones (and if it's possible to convert them), but that might be the topic of another time!

Thank you for your patience and have a great day!
Lyde

#2 2021-03-28 22:30:15

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: DeSmuMe Cheat support Ubuntu 20.04.02 LTS

Desmume for linux is under-featured. Use windows or wine.

Board footer