You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.



#1 2021-03-21 03:17:37

MaryJane
Member
Registered: 2021-03-21
Posts: 5

Game getting slower and slower

Hi!

This is my first time having a problem i can't solve my self with desmume. I already searched through a lot of threads looking for solutions.

In the beginning everything works fine and after some time it will slow down more and more. While being inside a menu (in game) the game runs at normal speed. After resetting the ROM everything is fine again.

My setup should be more than enough to emulate:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: Vega 64
RAM: 16 GB, 3200 Mhz
Game: Mario & Luigi - Bowser Inside Story

Other games work fine without this issue.

Offline

#2 2021-03-21 06:10:53

zeromus
Radical Ninja
Registered: 2009-01-05
Posts: 5,505

Re: Game getting slower and slower

possibilities
1. your system is overheating or clocking down. change power settings to maximum performance and blow the dust. you can also change the 3d renderer to softrasterizer to rule out problems with your GPU
2. stop using savestates. save in-game frequently, close the emulator, open it again, and load from the in-game save (you're doing something to glitch or otherwise wreck the game)

Offline

#3 2021-03-21 15:50:46

MaryJane
Member
Registered: 2021-03-21
Posts: 5

Re: Game getting slower and slower

zeromus wrote:

1. your system is overheating or clocking down. change power settings to maximum performance and blow the dust. you can also change the 3d renderer to softrasterizer to rule out problems with your GPU

If you would have read my PC-specs you would know this is a joke for my CPU. I have no temperature or CPU problems. I tried already all renderer, always the same.

zeromus wrote:

2. stop using savestates. save in-game frequently, close the emulator, open it again, and load from the in-game save (you're doing something to glitch or otherwise wreck the game)

I only save using the given savepoints ingame. I want to play the game as it is intended and don't use any cheats or tools.

Offline

#4 2021-03-21 16:18:06

zeromus
Radical Ninja
Registered: 2009-01-05
Posts: 5,505

Re: Game getting slower and slower

Your specs don't say anything about the power controls on your laptop, whatever other junkware you may have installed, and whether or not your fans are full of dust.

if you make a savestate, close the emulator, and then open it again and load the state, will the game still be running slow?

Offline

#5 2021-03-21 16:48:50

MaryJane
Member
Registered: 2021-03-21
Posts: 5

Re: Game getting slower and slower

zeromus wrote:

Your specs don't say anything about the power controls on your laptop, whatever other junkware you may have installed, and whether or not your fans are full of dust.

Have you ever seen a Vega 64 GPU in a laptop? I am using a tower, not a laptop. Just for your reassurance, the fans are dusted off and I don't have junkware. I am not some kiddo that's totally clueless.

zeromus wrote:

if you make a savestate, close the emulator, and then open it again and load the state, will the game still be running slow?

I will have to try that, the slowing down takes about 30 to 40 minutes to be noticeable.
Just for information, I don't have to close the emulator, resetting the ROM is enough.

Offline

#6 2021-03-22 01:34:12

MaryJane
Member
Registered: 2021-03-21
Posts: 5

Re: Game getting slower and slower

zeromus wrote:

if you make a savestate, close the emulator, and then open it again and load the state, will the game still be running slow?

After resetting the ROM and starting it from a savestate the game runs at normal speed again.

Offline

#7 2021-03-22 01:37:39

zeromus
Radical Ninja
Registered: 2009-01-05
Posts: 5,505

Re: Game getting slower and slower

Vega 64 sounds like a GPU from 1998. Like ATI released it just before the Rage 128. Since you told me a long list of things that do apply to your CPU are a joke for your CPU, I considered you a kiddo that's totally clueless. Can you blame me?

Offline

#8 2021-03-22 02:18:50

MaryJane
Member
Registered: 2021-03-21
Posts: 5

Re: Game getting slower and slower

zeromus wrote:

Vega 64 sounds like a GPU from 1998. Like ATI released it just before the Rage 128. Since you told me a long list of things that do apply to your CPU are a joke for your CPU, I considered you a kiddo that's totally clueless. Can you blame me?

For thinking a High-End GPU from 2018 being trash from 1998 like a clueless kiddo? Sure I could. Everyone makes mistakes, don't worrie about it.

Offline

#9 2021-03-22 19:14:24

zeromus
Radical Ninja
Registered: 2009-01-05
Posts: 5,505

Re: Game getting slower and slower

You say that like someone who thinks I should know the name of every GPU made by bit players with 10% marketshare

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB