You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2020-09-28 20:31:59

FunkyGrip2000

.dsv won't import/work (Mac)

I changed a setting on Desmume, and it made it crash everytime I tried to open it. So I reinstalled it. When I open my game, it makes a new dsv. When I open my old dsv in Desmume, it doesn't change anything. I cannot view the contents of each dsv on my computer, and they're all named the same, so I just have to try them all out...

#2 2020-09-28 21:57:14

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: .dsv won't import/work (Mac)

do not "open old dsv in desmume". close desmume and replace the dsv desmume created with the one you want it to use; then open desmume.
Multiple DSV cannot be named the same or else they could not coexist in the same directory. Check your premises and maybe your computer operation manual. Anyway, if you've got them mixed up somehow, then there's nothing you can do but try them all out.

Also stop using savestates.

#3 2020-09-29 01:07:18

FunkyGrip2000

I found the location of where the new ones were popping up and replaced them with the other possible ones, one by one, rerunning DeSmuME each time. None had my save data. Unless there's something else I can do, or a way to see what's saved on them, I'm just gonna call it quits.

#4 2020-09-29 01:34:37

zeromus
Radical Ninja

if none of them had ANY save data, then it's likely you have save data mixed up from another game.
If you're playing pokemon, you can edit the .dsv in a save editing tool to see what's in there. But if you don't know what games the saves are from, they will likely be as confused as desmume is.

Board footer