You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2020-08-19 14:22:43

slothette64

Possibility for homebrew to save/write?

My NDSes are broken now.  I had a homebrew project that I would still like to continue with, however, DeSmuME is the only emulator that will properly run it, but doesn't seem able to save anything.  Saving/writing is important because it comes with a separate level-editor binary.

I've set the slot-1 option to R4 and patched the binaries to R4 DLDI, but this project is 'unpackaged' and it's wanting to write plain-text files to slot-1.

Is there any way I can make this happen?  Is there some technique I could try with the debugging features to extract the data?

Any help at all would be wonderful.

#2 2020-08-20 03:44:21

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Possibility for homebrew to save/write?

use slot-2 MPCF with an SD image (and use an imaging tool to export) or "use path of the loaded ROM" (although I'm not sure if that supports writing, probably not). This was always the best way to do it in desmume. I haven't personally tested the r4 stuff, that was added without my cooperation. There are several paragraphs about it in the faq, search for MPCF: http://wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title=Faq
You can find us on IRC and get more interactive help, but logon and stick around and be patient. Don't worry, we can definitely make this work.

Board footer