You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
WiFi not emulated and not supported!!
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2018-09-30 18:11:26

Ottomic

Changing save type

Hello. I'm having an issue.

I'm playing Pokemon Soul Silver with the Storm Silver mod on it, and when saving it will say that there's been an error and to shut down the NDS. Which I would consider normal since probably the mod is messing up the headers or something and is making the save type hard to autodetect for desmume. No biggie. The problem is, I can't seem to be able to change the save type.

So my first idea was to detect from database and then change the type on said database but I've searched high and low and maybe my google fu sucks big time, but where the hell is that database? I can't find it anywhere! Failing that, I also tried to add the command line arguments that change the save type to either a shortcut or the command line prompt, but those just fail to launch desmume as well (it doesn't return any error or anything, they won't do anything, at all).

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

#2 2018-09-30 19:03:12

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Changing save type

you have to use a "dev+" version of desmume in order to manually set the save size. setting the save type should no longer be needed in desmume.

I think I would have heard more if storm silver didn't work. You must be using an old or messed up version of desmume

By the way, I just saved and loaded storm silver, no problem.

Board footer