You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
WiFi not emulated and not supported!!
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2017-08-09 12:58:05

Telamon12344321

Desmume Digital Mono Sound Output? (Pokemon Platinum)

I have Pokemon Platinum and there's this weird bug where my pokemon doesn't cry, doesn't make a sound when it pops out of a pokeball and doesn't make a sound when its stats are lowered or raised. I've found a solution to this problem by changing the sound output to mono and it works fine on NO$GBA, but is there such a setting on Desmume? I'd much rather use Desmume than NO$GBA, so any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

#2 2017-08-09 18:44:26

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Desmume Digital Mono Sound Output? (Pokemon Platinum)

There's no such setting in desmume. Most likely explanation: It's probably a "surround" sound and your system is mixing two channels to one--this can make some sounds vanish. So: stop mixing two channels to one (fix your faulty headphones or headphones jack). Or, maybe your system is expanding 2 channels to 5.1 and then your headphones are recombining them. Nocash sending mono output is likely to make your system not expand those channels, but play them in every ear, which may bypass the problem at the combining stage.

If you post a savestate where I can hear (or not hear) one of these sounds, I'll study it, but I'm 99.99999% sure my answer is going to be "there's nothing wrong here". Still, I may be able to get a sense of whether it's a fishy surround sound.

#3 2017-08-10 10:50:58

Telamon12344321

Re: Desmume Digital Mono Sound Output? (Pokemon Platinum)

Thank you for confirming, I have found a solution by installing another driver and forcing mono sound output using Voicemeeter Virtual Audio Mixer.

Board footer