You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2017-06-16 23:46:10

Cervantes92

Screen blinks black for a second on every keystroke

Hello,

I am running DeSmuME on a lenovo y500 with two NVIDIA GT 650M running windows 10.1.

I didn't have this problem until the second or third time I opened DeSmuME, I don't think I made any changes to the default settings in that time (though my memory center has proven faulty before). I've been trying to run Platinum, which I successfully managed to before without this problem.

I have a second monitor plugged into my computer's VGA port. When I am running DeSmuME and I get into the main graphics (after the loading screen), every time I press one of the keys, both screens turn off then back on for seconds at a time. Its really strange.

Solutions?

Thanks.

#2 2017-06-17 00:03:49

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Screen blinks black for a second on every keystroke

not desmume's problem. your GPU drivers are scrambled. change desmume's config > display method to possibly bypass the problem.

#3 2017-06-17 00:57:28

Cervantes92

Re: Screen blinks black for a second on every keystroke

zeromus wrote:

not desmume's problem. your GPU drivers are scrambled. change desmume's config > display method to possibly bypass the problem.

This would make sense. My graphics cards have always been a little wonky (especially when trying to install linux).

As far as solutions, I used the age old method of restarting my computer, and now DeSmuME works without any issue (almost certainly a system fault, maybe an update?). I'll report back if I am ever able to reproduce the error.

Thanks, zeromus!

Board footer