You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
WiFi not emulated and not supported!!
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2017-06-13 14:44:26

kodaandorion

Using the microphone with Nintendogs.

So I understand the microphone is emulated for Nintendogs and that using actually hardware isn't supported. When it came to naming the dog, I managed to do it. I used white noise and tapped out a specific beat using the hotkey so I would remember it. So my dog remembered it, but now the game requires me to call it on the main screen with the dog whistle part. Doesn't matter how many times I do it, whether the beat is the same or not. The dog won't hear it at all. I'm certain I'm pressing the right button. It's super annoying because I can't access the dog walks or shops so my dog is basically dying.
Is there a way to bypass this section? Or set-up the microphone so it does work here? Or is it not possible?

#2 2017-06-13 17:46:20

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Using the microphone with Nintendogs.

hardware is actually supported. It's flaky, but people have used it before.
I'm amazed if the dog recognized it once it wouldn't recognize it later. That was a good creative solution that should have worked.
Make sure you're running that game at 60fps, a low or erratic framerate might mess up your beat.

#3 2017-06-14 12:35:36

kodaandorion

I have an in-built microphone on my laptop, it definetly works because I use it for Skype but the game won't recognize it. When I open up set-up the computer claims I'm being too quiet and therefore won't recognize the mic.
I don't think it's a case of the dog not recognizing it. I've retaught the dog the beat 3 times and it learns it, but on the home screen it won't even listen. I think the issue is that the game won't enable the mic at this part. The dog doesn't hear it whether I use the beat or just hold it down.

#4 2017-06-14 16:29:35

zeromus
Radical Ninja

"what's set-up", is that a mode in nintendogs? You may be too quiet indeed. Increase the recording level with windows tools. Record into audacity or somesuch to verify that it is loud volume (skype will be trying extra hard to be dummy proof)

Board footer