You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
WiFi not emulated and not supported!!
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2016-12-28 18:43:21

Czerr

Speaker getting deactivated?

I've ended up with a very strange glitch while using desmume (9.11). I'm currently playing Pokemon Black (that's the only thing I've ever played on it so far) and at some point during the game my right speaker just... stops. In game I can tell because I can no longer hear sounds that my Pokemon make or from any attacks and effects that affect them. But this continues even after I switch off desmume and test them. Unplugging and replugging usually fixes it, but it's a little annoying. Is there any fix to this?

#2 2016-12-28 19:20:19

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Speaker getting deactivated?

there's no possible way this is desmume's fault. contact your system or speakers vendor

#3 2016-12-28 20:21:49

Czerr

OK, then. Thank you. The only reason I asked is because desmume is the only thing this is happening to. Nothing else causes this problem.

#4 2016-12-28 22:54:45

zeromus
Radical Ninja

do other sounds (music and videos and such) suffer from the same problem once it's happened while running desmume?

It's possible desmume triggers some other fault in your system (buggy GPU drivers most likely)
Try changing your system's power/performance options or changing desmume's 3d renderer or config > display method

#5 2016-12-29 07:37:15

Czerr

Yes, they do. The problem remains until I switch it off and replug it.

I'm sorry to keep bugging you, but could you walk me through changing desmume's settings? I am pretty clueless about these things and I don't want to mess anything up. I'll change my system's settings in the mean time.

#6 2016-12-29 16:51:57

zeromus
Radical Ninja

nope. find a friend who knows how to use a computer. you can't mess anything up that you can't fix by deleting desmume.ini
you can also try changing config > sound settings > sound core.

#7 2016-12-30 16:51:13

Czerr

All righty. Thank you!

#8 2016-12-31 03:23:42

fintogive
Website

Czerr wrote:

Yes, they do. The problem remains until I switch it off and replug it.

I'm sorry to keep bugging you, but could you walk me through changing desmume's settings? I am pretty clueless about these things and I don't want to mess anything up. I'll change my system's settings in the mean time.

Open control panel.
choose category view and find device manager

go to sound and uninstall your speaker driver (dont delete the driver if there a check box asking you to)

after that restart your computer and your driver should work correctly.  if its not working still or not working at all look at your computer model number and search google for your computer model plus driver support

you can get an updated driver on the site that your computer came from like hp compaq dell etc.

hope that helps.  if that doesn't fix it you probably have a bad sound card or shorting speakers/headphones.

Board footer