You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2016-07-25 13:26:18

REDxPHOENIX

I need help

Hey, I added cheats to my emulator yesterday and I saved them, I added around 50 of them so I am quite annoyed seems I booted up the emulator today and they're all gone, I am wondering if there is a way to prevent this or a way where I could put it all in a file and upload the file everytime i boot up the emulator so that way I only have to do it once.

#2 2016-07-25 19:09:26

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: I need help

they do go in a file. The only reason they disappear is maybe if desmume crashed, or if youre running it from prigram files for some reason instead of a folder on your desktop. although keep in mind theyre associated with the game so if you load a different game or rename it the cheats list will be empty.

#3 2016-07-25 22:02:05

REDxPHOENIX

zeromus wrote:

they do go in a file. The only reason they disappear is maybe if desmume crashed, or if youre running it from prigram files for some reason instead of a folder on your desktop. although keep in mind theyre associated with the game so if you load a different game or rename it the cheats list will be empty.

How would I put them in a file so I could load them every time I play the game, because the game isn't crashing and I am loading the emulator from an app shortcut on my desktop.

#4 2016-07-25 22:20:35

zeromus
Radical Ninja

don't load the emulator from an app shortcut on your desktop. load the emulator from your desktop. literally place it there.

#5 2016-07-25 22:38:36

REDxPHOENIX

zeromus wrote:

don't load the emulator from an app shortcut on your desktop. load the emulator from your desktop. literally place it there.

It is, sorry thought it was a shortcut but I must of extracted it to desktop

#6 2016-07-26 00:45:55

zeromus
Radical Ninja

If you clicked [save], then the cheats are saved. If you're discovering theyre not saved, then youre either not running it from your desktop, or your antivirus is interfering. Run Process Monitor and watch what's happening to the file.

#7 2016-07-26 17:43:40

REDxPHOENIX

zeromus wrote:

If you clicked [save], then the cheats are saved. If you're discovering theyre not saved, then youre either not running it from your desktop, or your antivirus is interfering. Run Process Monitor and watch what's happening to the file.

They are not saved and the emulator is on my desktop. Is there any way I could access the file where the cheats are saved and input them there so I could load it everytime I open the game.

#8 2016-07-26 19:01:11

zeromus
Radical Ninja

This would not be helpful in case the files are actually written and just not able to be loaded, which process monitor would show you. If you had run process monitor you would see where the cheat files are, in a directory clearly labeled "Cheats" in the directory you run desmume from, unless you reconfigured it at some point. You would see it either failing to get written, or failing to be read--in either event, you'd see where they are supposed to be.  Once you know where they're supposed to be you could edit them yourself, if you knew the format, which you would have to study by running desmume on a system which isn't broken.  But you're really going about this the wrong way.

#9 2016-07-26 21:36:34

REDxPHOENIX

zeromus wrote:

This would not be helpful in case the files are actually written and just not able to be loaded, which process monitor would show you. If you had run process monitor you would see where the cheat files are, in a directory clearly labeled "Cheats" in the directory you run desmume from, unless you reconfigured it at some point. You would see it either failing to get written, or failing to be read--in either event, you'd see where they are supposed to be.  Once you know where they're supposed to be you could edit them yourself, if you knew the format, which you would have to study by running desmume on a system which isn't broken.  But you're really going about this the wrong way.

Is it possible to use team viewer and you could take a look because I have no idea..

#10 2016-07-26 22:43:24

zeromus
Radical Ninja

I'll use teamviewer, if you use https://webchat.freenode.net/ and join channel #desmume and then wait a while in case I'm not at my computer. We have had various inscrutable complaints about files not saving normally, and it would be nice to debug one and see if it's a real problem for real.

Board footer