You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2016-07-21 19:19:57

Maxx992

Help with .sav and .dsv

So, I have a game save from start menu and two from the save slots. How can I make the main save ("Continue" from the main menu) from the slot save? It contains a new game save with other progress and a female charachter...I've tried to overwrite it but it tells me that it's impossible cause there are other datas in it...
How can I do? Please help
P.S. Pokemon Platinum

Last edited by Maxx992 (2016-07-21 19:21:52)

#2 2016-07-21 21:10:41

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Help with .sav and .dsv

That didnt make sense. Try asking your question again entirely differently. If you're referring the the numbers 0-9 don't call them anything but savestates, because that's what they are.

#3 2016-07-21 22:12:39

Maxx992

Yeah it's hard to translate from italian...ok,again:
I have desmume for pc and drastic for android, and you know that drastic reads ONLY the main savestate from the start menu, i think it's in .dsv so I want to transfer it from the pc to the phone
I want to take a savestate and SAVE IT in the start menu like you do on the NDS. So the problem is when i try to save it as a main save there is a message that says it's not possible! Should I cancel it and then try? I'm afraid to lose my savestate and everything

#4 2016-07-21 22:40:59

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Drastic reads ONLY dsv from the start menu. That is a save file, not a savestate.
You want to take a dsv savefile from desmume and make it appear on the start menu on drastic.
Now we're up to "so the problem is" and you don't make sense any more even if I try to fix your mistakes. I can't imagine what message you're talking about. I can't imagine why you're afraid of losing your savestate and everything. They're just files. Make backups.

If you want to move a .dsv from desmume to drastic, then go ask drastic whose support you've paid for. We dont know anything about drastic.

#5 2016-07-22 05:45:54

Maxx992

Sorry, be patient, I try to explain one more time:
When I start the game of Pokemon Platinum, in the main page I have "CONTINUE, NEW GAME, SETTINGS, etc..." and in the Savestates the 1st slot and 2nd slot is taken. Well. The 1st slot is the same game as CONTINUE (save file), so, if I click on one of these two, it will load the same game. I hope everething is clear for you, until here. THEN, when I load the 2nd SAVESTATE (I started a new game on this slot with a different character) AND I WANT TO OVERWRITE the main SAVE FILE (START MENU -> SAVE) it tells me that it's not possible! And then it's written on that, in case, I could delete the save file if I want it (by pressing UP+SELECT+another button that I don't remember).
What should I do? Or what could I do?
Cancel it and make the 2nd savestate as the main save file?
And after this, if I want to set again the 1st savestate as the main, is it possible?
I hope that you understood this time what I need
Thanks for the patience and for the answers

#6 2016-07-22 10:08:51

untitpoi

You're still not clear enough dude. especially that part:
"it tells me that it's not possible! And then it's written on that, in case, I could delete the save file if I want it (by pressing UP+SELECT+another button that I don't remember)"
What is actually done by Desmume:
-Sending you an error message and let you write on the file.
-Sending you an error message and not let you write on the file.
Finally does Desmume still send you an error message when you have no save file avaible in the directory?

There is an another thing i didn't understand in your problem: Do you want to get your progress FROM desmume TO android or the opposite?

Hope it will help to clarify things wink

#7 2016-07-22 19:07:39

zeromus
Radical Ninja

I think you were finally clear enough. You ignored this warning when beginning the 2nd game: http://wiki.desmume.org/images/c/cb/Warning.png . Your 2nd game is now broken and can never be fixed.

Board footer