You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2016-06-19 09:46:11

Katia

Save state in battery not being read?

Ok I was playing digimon dawn for the DS and I was about to save before doing something to make sure I wasn't getting in over my head. Well I did end up getting over my head so I planned to reopen the rom so I could avoid making that mistake. Well I didn't pay enough attention I guess as I accidently opened the save state from another rom instead. Opps, so I closed desume and decided to do something else for a while. Well then I decided to continue playing the rom, when the game tells me that I have no save data. I tried to figure out what was going on and learned about .dsv files. *Is not very techo savy. X.X* So I checked and found the .dsv file in the battery folder with all the others so now I have no idea what is wrong.

I should mention that i am lame and have never updated my desume. Would doing so fix the problem or make it worse? I would like to fix the problem before I upgrade. *puts on the dunce cap*

#2 2016-06-19 16:29:07

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: Save state in battery not being read?

By loading a savestate for the wrong game, you made the game malfunction somehow and spew garbage into the dsv file. This was then immediately written to the disk. You've lost your progress, unless you made backups. I'm sorry for your loss. This is the first time I've ever heard of anyone doing this. I'll keep it in mind in case in the future it can be protected against.

Since youre investing a lot of time in playing an RPG, you should make backups of your .dsvs.

#3 2016-06-19 23:30:53

Katia

That really sucks. I put 7 hours into that rom too. T.T Oh well. I can start over and I'll start making back ups I guess too. One thing I'll also do is keep my save states in a separate folder when I am not using them so I can't make that mistake again.

Last edited by Katia (2016-06-19 23:36:43)

#4 2016-06-20 13:33:27

JJJ

Download the dark version of desmume, it treat save and save state as an independent. you can't save a save state though while the game using the save file since it'll ruin the game.

#5 2016-06-20 13:54:36

AsPoke3172

Make sure use ingame saves. Press Start button (Enter key) and choose Save. For cheating, just becareful before games crashed aftermath. If you want use Save State, just only used for certain thing, likes beating boss enemy digimon in some area. smile

Board footer