You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2016-05-08 14:00:56

aSapphireSkye

What version/settings can I use to make this run fastest?

The Drastic emulator on my Galaxy S6 Edge+ can run Pokemon Black 2 and Kingdom Hearts: Coded at over 1000% speed.
But using the same game files on DeSmuMe on my computer with default settings and sound off plays them at ~50% and 90% respectively.
Of course using the speed toggle speeds them up but it looks insanely choppy.

I read somewhere that a specific version worked better for Pokemon Black 2 but I don't remember which, and since it's apparently not supported if you don't feel like answering or helping with that one I'd appreciate still getting Kingdom Hearts to work better.

Also some input on the best settings for my computer would also be appreciated, since I can't figure out what half the settings mean and changing stuff messes it up for me half the time...

My laptop is Windows 10 x64, quad-core AMD @ 2.0GHz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD Graphics 8400. I dunno what other information is relevant.
I know it's not the best computer, but I'd hope something that can play Skyrim on max graphic settings can at least manage to emulate a low-resolution 2D game...

---
And on a side note, my old computer was a 2.1GHz dual-core laptop with the Intel equivalents of the same other specs but could play both those games at normal speed with sound, so is there no decent multi-core support for this?

#2 2016-05-08 14:16:00

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: What version/settings can I use to make this run fastest?

processor clock rates have been effectively stalled for a long time now, while performance continues to improve nonetheless somehow still. Your reporting of CPU clock speeds is not helpful. Exact models would be necessary. It's entirely possible to have a 2ghz intel CPU that runs several times faster than a 2ghz AMD cpu. Therefore without any useful information, I can do nothing but refer you to our wiki where we write extensively about performance.

There is multi-core support for the 3d rendering if you use software rasterizer. If you don't, then there isn't. You're free to consider this indecent, but virtually no emulator supports multiple cores for anything but 3d rendering. Choosing multiple cores over fewer faster cores is always a mistake for emulation.

#3 2016-09-13 19:47:17

rogerman

Re: What version/settings can I use to make this run fastest?

This question has already been answered in our FAQ:
http://wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title … oo_slow.21

Board footer