You are not logged in.

Read the FAQ and Knowledge Base before posting.
We won't make a 3DS/2DS emulator.

#1 2016-01-25 07:27:00

Segaco

White screen

So I was playing Phoenix Wright like always, I saved, and went to sleep.

When I turned my computer on and opened the emulator, I couldn't open the rom, it would only show a white screen
I could make it work once, but I closed it because there was just an old save there, when I opened it again, I couldn't open any roms, the screen just stood white.

I don't know what happened, it worked just fine until now.

The version of the emulator is 0.9.9, and I tried to install the last version too, but that didn't work either.

Not sure if I explained myself, but, plz help

#2 2016-01-25 08:38:27

zeromus
Radical Ninja

Re: White screen

nobody knows why this started happening at some point. maybe security software? maybe a windowsupdate? i feel like I started hearing about it around a year ago. It's like the .dsv file is getting corrupted. Games will often freeze when booting up when that happens. If you post your .dsv file I can try debugging it, but first try transplanting it to a completely new desmume downloaded instance. solely copy in the rom and the .dsv.

#3 2017-08-17 06:09:40

Grinse

I have the same problem. I used unzipped Desmume 0.9.11 on unzipped phoenix wright justice for all rom and it just showed a white screen. But I got lucky and found a way to make it work: I put the rom file in the desmume's rom folder (I create a folder just for desmume's files. I used desmume once and a rom folder appeared there). Then I open the rom inside that desmume's rom folder, and the game works now.

I try this with Trials and tribulations, which is also haunted with the white screen before, and yup, it's normal now! I don't know how that fix the problem, but it worked for me. Now I'm just relieved and happy, not sure if this is the right way, or how that fix the problem, but it worths a try.

#4 2017-08-18 00:06:56

zeromus
Radical Ninja

rom in desmume's rom folder ---> it works
??????????????????????????? ---> it doesn't work

can you fill in the blank please?

#5 2017-08-18 15:05:36

Grinse

I have no problem now actually. I got the roms work by putting them in desmume's folder so just thought I would share it, might help others who have the same white screen thing.

#6 2017-08-18 18:45:17

zeromus
Radical Ninja

rom in desmume's rom folder ---> it works
??????????????????????????? ---> it doesn't work

can you fill in the blank please?

Board footer